The Callback Queen is a 2013 British romantic comedy set in London's film industry, starring Amy-Joyce Hastings and Mark Killeen.Kate Loughlin is an ambitious but unlucky actress struggling to get her big break. When she lands an audition for the lead role in a massive movie franchise based on the Prince of Chaos novels by legendary author Horatio King, she passionately seizes the opportunity. However, a sleazy agent, trying to pimp her to director Vincent Catalano, pushes her to the other extreme. Determined to prove her strict professionalism, she starts second-guessing Vincent's motives.Meanwhile, rival starlet Luci makes no secret of her ambitions. When Kate and Vincent are repeatedly thrown together on the set of a smaller film project, Kate's resolve to maintain her integrity is put to the test as she gets closer and closer to her desires. In the cut-throat arena of show business, Kate stands to learn that her profession is personal, and sometimes friction can create a spark.
The Callback Queen contains examples of:
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: Luci (blonde), Joanne (brunette), Kate (redhead).
- Casting Couch: In the trailer, the agent recommends that the actress get it done this way. "It might be time to change your approach; you know, sex."
- Job Title
- Red-Headed Hero: Kate Loughlin, the protagonist is a redheaded Irish actress.
- Redhead In Green: Check out the poster.
- Show Within a Show: The plot hinges on a film adapatation of a fictional fantasy novel, Prince of Chaos, with which the characters are involved.
- Title Drop: Also in the trailer, the agent refers to Kate as "something of a callback queen".