Fan Fic: SLiDE
Slide is a Mega Crossover fanfic written by IsaChan. It details the story of a string of murders happening in the city of Irudimena (specifically of up-and-coming actors and actresses who moved from the artsy district of Logotechnia to the corporate downtown district of Antzerkia), and the mortician, mortician-in-training, and cops that get stuck guarding the two child stars hypothesized to be next on the killer's radar.So far, characters from The Black Book of Secrets, Skulduggery Pleasant, The Mysterious Benedict Society, Coraline, and Where the Wild Things Are have appeared.Can be read here.
Tropes found in this fic include:
- Bilingual Bonus: According to the author, the names of the city and the districts are incredibly clever if you speak Basque and Greek, or have access to Google Translate.
- First-Person Smartass: Hector is a Sophisticated as Hell First-Person Smartass.
- Flat "What.": Hector delivers one when Ludlow asks him to go to the cinema with him. note
- Four-Temperament Ensemble:
- Ludlow: Sanguine
- Hector: Melancholic
- Valkyrie: Phlegmatic
- Skulduggery: Choleric
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Ludlow and Hector, so, so much.
- Ho Yay: Ludlow and Hector. Ludlow acts suspiciously like he has a crush on Hector, especially in Chapter 2.
- Narrative Profanity Filter: Clearly at work here, at least with the F-bomb."Those idiots in the forensics department-" here she used a rather unfriendly term for having made a mistake- "so there's a large possibility that his death wasn't a suicide, and we have to question everyone who knew him or was involved in anything after his death."
- Sliding Scale of Idealism vs. Cynicism: Smackdab in the middle, and has equally-spaced barriers so it has the freedom to slide a little towards one or the other without being too idealistic or cynical. This is one of the reasons for the title.