In the order of the ones who should no longer exist, I'm the sixth. But when it comes to battle, I always go first. — CradilyA Pokémon first-person fanfiction written by the barely-known troper who has registered as Silent Reverence. It explores some elements of growth and progress in life, as well as the relationship between humans and Pokémon, from the perspective of a species that "should no longer exist", a Fossil Pokemon.Growth out of a test tube to see if his species could be "revived", Lileep find himself in a strange world apparently ruled by strange creatures he can't understand, and with other Pokémon working for them, a direct contradiction of the dreams of war and glory under the rule of the "Keeper of the Seas" that he experiences at night.
Where to find it:Published here at Serebii or — here at PokeCommunity if you want a more advanced but less refined version.
Tropes to be found:
- Five Mon Band: the Trainer's team:
- The Chosen Many: implied.
- Stealth Mentor: Mew, and not to who you think.
Plot and Setting Tropes:
- Binding Ancient Treaty — one between Pokemon and humans, the other between Pokémon and Nature.
- Nothing Exciting Ever Happens Here: how the Pokémon think the humans see the place they live in.
- Palantir Ploy
- Plot-Relevant Age-Up: two, since the work actually starts as one of these.
- Catch and Return with an Energy Ball
- Circling Monologue: between the protagonist and Electabuzz.
- Commercial Pop-Up: of sorts, for Diamond and Pearl.
- Human Speak
- Power Glows
- Skill tropes: