Describe I Am Negima and So Can You
here. Yeah, you go on and try.
The best way to describe this is what an actual crossover by Studio SHAFT
would be like, rather than just lipservice/cameos.Cygnus
's breakout into the Mahou Sensei Negima!
fanfic world, but set in the Negima!?
The second half is Pani Poni Dash!
. a third part includes Sonic the Hedgehog
Negi finds that his class is struggling in math thanks to a new teacher on the block.
Dean Konoe's solution? Call Rebecca Miyamoto.
But this turns into an Excuse Plot
when Becky's gang follow her, leading to one of them going missing, just as the heroes also actually find
the legendary chupacabra... Or is it? And thusly they become involved in something increasingly bigger than the child teachers can imagine.
As he was annoyed with the feeling They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot
despite loving the flawed series otherwise, this author decided to railroad the Star Crystal arc for a little while
in favor of a new and more involved plot. Seriousness need not apply—it's a SHAFT work after all.
Is part of a series, divided up into Acts much like a play or a Sonic level
One last thing: Don't be fooled by one of the characters sharing a name with this troper, it is NOT a self-insert by any means.
This story provides examples of:
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Rokugou's attraction to Cygnus.
- Anti-Villain: Cygnus, who holds many types but is primarily a Noble Demon.
- Batman Gambit: Frequently employed by Cygnus to further his plans, Konoka uses one against him at the end of Scheme!? so he would waste his then barely-out-of-control powers.
- Bound and Gagged: Poor Rokugou... Cygnus has an attack that induces this, Konoka's turn might be coming soon...
- Boss Fight: Used and lampshaded in Nightmare!?
- Came Back Wrong: Akira Ookouchi, Type 4, forced by Cygnus to prevent her from becoming a Type 2 naturally.
- Chess Master: Konoka, Chao Lingshen for the good guys. Cygnus is the villain for this trope.
- Drunk on the Dark Side
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Himeko.
- Eldritch Abomination: Cygnus Cantus.
- Enemy Within / Split Personality: Anti-Asuna, who isn't really evil but is something more akin to Asuna's nobody, and Asuna's Heartless, which is the Enemy Within part.
- I Am Legion: Lirael, since all the mermaids are failed clones of herself.
- Let's Get Dangerous: Most of the PPD cast
- Reluctant Monster: Sonic, during most of Nightmare!?
- Shout-Out: Just about everywhere. The entirety of Nightmare!? is a shout out to the Castlevania franchise, certain fights play out like boss fights from certain video games, etc.
- Stealth Pun: Dialogue in Episode 9:
"What the hell is up with Lirael?!" - Becky
"Same thing you get when you cross an elephant with a rhino." - Asuna
- Stockholm Syndrome: Rokugou and Cygnus. The other characters don't like this, fearing Stockholm Shnozzing. ironically enough, Cyg's biggest rival Konoka does not care.
- Tomato Surprise: The chupacabra in Act I turns to be Sonic the Hedgehog, or rather Misora Kasuga masquerading as Sonic the Hedgehog, stalling for time on Chao's orders until the real Sonic can show up.
- Wake Up, Go to School, Save the World: How the story begins, but averted and takes a backseat to the issues at hand.
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: Cygnus's One-Winged Angel form, Rokugou's armor card, an inversion with Himeko's armor card, which makes her less spacy and slightly more aggressive.