On her way home from work Kuroda Rae
, an American studying in Japan, spots a blue portal. She accidentally trips and nearly gets mugged and killed for her trouble, only to be rescued and healed by a man in an ANBU costume.
Rae picks herself up and walks out to find herself in a strange place with old-fashioned buildings, people with strange clothes and a monument that shouldn't be there.Now penniless and homeless
, Rae sets off to look for work to earn herself money for food. After finding a job, she returns to the alley she started in to find a small blonde boy to also be taking refuge in the alley.Aberration can be found here
- Big Damn Hero: The ANBU who saves Rae's life in the first chapter.
- Big Sister Mentor
- Contrived Coincidence: Rae trips over a dog and falls into the portal.
- Expy: Word of God is that Rae is a snarkier and grumpier Obito
- Fish out of Water
- For Want of a Nail
- Disability Superpower: Since chakra is basically lifeforce in Naruto, Rae's complete absence of chakra is considered a disability. As a result Rae is completely immune to genjutsu
- Happily Adopted
- Homeless Hero: She and Naruto had to live in the streets, but like real life homelessness, it was temporary until she could find herself an apartment.
- Lampshade Hanging: Noted by Rae that in most stories where girls end up in the world of Naruto, they tell everything to the Hokage, get cool ninjas and have their favorite character
- Muggle: Unlike most Self-Insert Fic, Rae remains a normal civilian women and doesn't gain any ninja skills or power.
- Non-Action Snarker: Rae
- Occidental Otaku: Rae is an American Naruto fan.
- Opposites Attract: a platonic version with the dark and snarky Rae and the bright and hyperactive Naruto
- Parental Substitute: Pointed by Iruka as she practically raised Naruto, she fed, she educated him and watches for him. She adopted him in all but in name.
- Reality Ensues: When Rae first enters Konoha, she is homeless and has no money. She came only with the clothes on her back and for a few chapters her home was a dumpster or an empty playground.
- Self-Insert Fic:
- Supporting Protagonist: While the story is in Rae's point of view, the story focuses on how she affects Naruto.
- The Heart: Grounds Naruto and later Team 7 and acts as their moral compass
- The Stations of the Canon
- The Unsmile: Rae taught herself how to do one and can't undo it.
- You Can't Go Home Again
- Your Costume Needs Work