Darker Than Black: OVA Spoilers
Spoilerrific trope listing for the Darker Than Black OVA.
The following trope examples contain unmarked spoilers. Troper discretion is advised!
- Battle in the Rain: Hei vs. about 10 Contractors Claude set on him.
- Contract on the Hitman: Hei fends off at least two more attempts in less than two weeks.
- Disney Death: "Amber" is compelled by Yin's Super-Powered Evil Side into shooting him/herself, but after the credits a man appears who talks about how they "almost got my real body."
- Also Amigiri from the first season, who was seemingly killed, but turns up alive, although worse-for-wear.
- Tonally, the dog contractor's scene at the end of episode 3 plays out entirely like a death, but it's actually just the demise of her dog body, a fact that's easy to miss. She returns unceremoniously in her human body in the next episode.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: Qin's shaken enough already by his encounter with the Chinese contractors in episode 2, before going through a certified lifelong tramautic experience in episode 3 as one of the only survivors of the bloodless massacre at the contractor colony. We last see him with a new set of worries in the form of the orphaned child from the colony — yet that responsibility, along with his new friend the unnamed doll, seems to have put the fight back in him. At the end of the story, it's Qin, not Hei, who's got a steady footing in life.
- Evil Is Not a Toy: Claude somehow decided it would be a really great idea to awaken Yin's Super-Powered Evil Side completely.
- Heroic Willpower: This show being what it is, played very darkly. Yin uses it to suppress her Super-Powered Evil Side by putting herself into a coma.
- Ho Yay: Claude seems to take way too much pleasure in pretending to be women Hei cares about.
- Literal Split Personality: Izanami is basically Yin's surveillance spectre Gone Horribly Wrong.
- Love Makes You Crazy: Yin's darker powers start manifesting themselves out of a desire to protect Hei.
- Manipulative Bastard: Claude, Claude, Claude. He uses his Master of Illusion powers to impersonate Amber to put Hei off balance, briefly does the same to Amigiri, then pretends to be Amigiri to get most of the EPR survivors to try to kill Hei while he slaughters the rest of them.
- Not So Stoic: Hei proves beyond a shadow of a doubt his status as a Kuudere after he rescues Yin from Syndicate agents."Don't leave me alone!"
- Redemption Equals Death: The unnamed possessor Contractor.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.