Jack Gleeson is an Irish actor (born 21 May 1992), best known for his portrayal of Joffrey Baratheon in the HBO series Game of Thrones. At a younger age he also played the boy saved by Rachel Dawes in Batman Begins. He has announced that he intends to retire from acting after Game of Thrones, as he no longer really enjoys it.
- Dawson Casting: Joffrey is 12 at the start of books, but Age Lifted to 15/16 in the show as portrayed by Jack (who was 18 when filming began).
- Dyeing for Your Art: His natural hair colour is actually brown. Joffrey is blond.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: He's essentially the polar opposite of Joffrey Baratheon. In interviews for the show, even the other actors vouch that he's really the polar opposite of his character and are very protective of him. George R. R. Martin even felt bad seeing such a nice boy playing the most despicable character in a world full of those.
- Name's the Same: Not to be confused with Jackie Gleason of The Honeymooners fame.
- Older Than He Looks: Does he look 23 to you?