Harry Stephen Keeler (1890 – 1967) was a prolific, half-mad but little-known pulp fiction writer best known for his completely nonsensical plots and generally odd way of writing.
His work includes examples of:
- Author Appeal: Skulls, Clowns, Corpses...
- Compound Interest Time Travel Gambit: "John Jones's Dollar"
- Door Stopper: His novel cycles.
- Funetik Aksent: For various non-white characters. Not very well done.
- The Film of the Book: Sing Sing Nights to The Mysterious Mr. Wong.
- Kudzu Plot: Or as he called it "The Webwork Novel".
- Mind Screw: Just read the resolution of X. Jones of Scotland Yard
- Purple Prose