Creator / Connie Willis
Constance Elaine Trimmer Willis (born December 31, 1945) is an American Science Fiction
writer, best known for her stories of time-traveling academic researchers. She has a record-breaking eleven Hugo Awards
, and is the only author to date to have won both the Hugo Award and the Nebula Award
in all four lengths (novel, novella, novelette, and short story). She was named a Grand Master
by the Science Fiction Writers of America in 2012.
Works by Connie Willis with pages on this wiki:
Other works by Connie Willis include:
- Water Witch (with Cynthia Felice)
- Light Raid (with Cynthia Felice)
- Uncharted Territory
- Promised Land (with Cynthia Felice)
- Inside Job
- All Seated on the Ground
Short story collections
- Fire Watch
- Impossible Things
- Futures Imperfect
- Miracle and Other Christmas Stories
- Winds of Marble Arch and Other Stories
Tropes featured in her work
- Fix Fic: In Remake, one of the characters works in a place called "Happy Endings" which can "re-do" the endings to sad movies and make them happy.
- No Periods, Period: Played with in the Hugo-winning short story "Even the Queen", in which a technology has been invented that allows women to avoid them entirely.
- Yet Another Christmas Carol: "Adaptation" opens with a massive lampshade, with the protagonist going on at length about how many adaptations exist of A Christmas Carol. When he encounters the three Christmas Ghosts, he thinks he knows what's going on, but it turns out they have a different mission this time.