Ariel Winter (born Ariel Winter Workman, January 28, 1998), is an American teen actress and singer. She is known for her current role as Alex Dunphy in the TV series Modern Family, for which she has won a Screen Actors Guild Award for Best Ensemble in a Comedy Series, along with the rest of the show's cast. In 2011, Winter landed the voice "Marina the Mermaid" on Jake and the Never Land Pirates on Disney Junior; in 2013 she graduated to voicing the title character on Sofia the First.Has a messed up mom and family situation that frequently makes TMZ headlines. She also gets attention for other reasons (much to her embarrassment, at least pre-surgery). Post-surgery, is showing distinct Ms. Fanservice tendencies.
- Kiss Kiss Bang Bang: Harmony Faith Lane (age 7)
- Bambi II: Thumper's sisters (voice)
- Curious George: Kid
- One Missed Call: Ellie Layton
- Speed Racer: Young Trixie
- Afro Samurai Resurrection: Young Sio
- Life Is Hot In Cracktown: Susie
- Opposite Day: Carla Benson
- Cloudy With A Chance Of Meat Balls: Additional Voices
- Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete: Marlene
- A Thousand Words: Samantha's Daughter/Lila
- DC Showcase: Green Arrow: Princess Perdita
- Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep: Young Kairi
- The Chaperone: Sally Bradstone
- Final Fantasy XIII-2: Mog
- Mog (and other Moogles) in Final Fantasy Type-0. She's apparently now Square's official Moogle voice.
- Modern Family: Alex Dunphy
- Jake and the Never Land Pirates: Marina the Mermaid
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns: Carrie Kelly/Robin
- Phineas and Ferb: Gretchen
- Sofia the First - Sofia
- The Haunting Hour: Gracie Wilde on the episode "Headshot"
- Mr. Peabody & Sherman: Penny Peterson
- Smurfs: The Lost Village: SmurfLily
Ariel Winter exhibits the following tropes:
- Hiccup Hijinks: In 2012 and 2014, she posted to Twitter on separate incidents where she had hiccups early on the morning.
- Hotter and Sexier: Lately, she's been wearing much more revealing clothing that tends to show off her curves, legs, and cleavage.
- Ms. Fanservice: Unwillingly pre-surgery, going with the cleavage-baring dresses because she was simply too buxom to look good in a dress that fully covered her; post-surgery and post-coming of age, her red carpet dresses are even sexier and her everyday clothing has become revealing as well, making her a Shameless Fanservice Girl on the level of fellow Disney alum Miley Cyrus.