- The First Teacher (1964) was his first feature film.
- Andrei Rublev (1966, dir. Andrei Tarkovsky): Konchalovsky was one of the writers on Tarkovsky's first big critical hit.
- The Story Of Asya Klyachina (1967) got him into trouble with Gos Kino for its depressing, touchy material.
- A Nest Of Gentle Folk (1969) based on the book by Ivan Turgenev.
- Uncle Vanya (1970) based on the story of the same name.
- Siberiade (1979) was an epic starring Nikita Mikhalkov, and a big hit at Cannes. Its success paid for his move to America.
- Maria's Lovers (1984)
- Runaway Train (1985) remains one of his most famous films from his American period, starring Jon Voight.
- Shy People (1987)
- Tango & Cash (1989) - A buddy cop movie he was fired from mid-shoot over disagreements with the producer.
- The Inner Circle (1991)
- The Odyssey (1997) - A TV miniseries starring Armand Assante as Odysseus.
- House Of Fools (2003 adaptation)
- The Lion in Winter (2003 remake)
- The Nutcracker in 3D (2010)
Tropes about or used by Konchalovsky:
- Crowning Music of Awesome:
- Magnum Opus Dissonance: The Nutcracker in 3D, his dream project for 20 years, became one of the worst reviewed films of all time.
- Production Posse