Aaron Kyle Tveit (b. October 21, 1983) is an American theater, film and television actor. He's best known for originating the roles of Gabe Goodman in Next To Normal and Frank Abagnale, Jr. in the musical version of Catch Me If You Can, and for his portrayal of Enjolras in the 2012 film version of Les Miserables. Other roles he's played include Fiyero in Wicked, Roger in the Neil Patrick Harris directed version of RENT, and Tripp van der Bilt on Gossip Girl. He's also the star of the TV series Graceland, in which he plays undercover FBI agent Mike Warren.Tveit has won the hearts of many fangirls with his boyish good looks and gorgeous singing voice (not to mention his chronic inability to button◊ his◊ shirts◊). He comes across as extremely nice, humble and down to earth.
This actor provides examples of:
- Dawson Casting: He played teenagers in Next To Normal and Catch Me if You Can when he was in his mid- to late 20s.
- Fake Nationality: Sort of fakes two nationalities in Les MisÚrables (2012). He plays a French character, but speaks (and sings) with a British accent.
- Mr. Fanservice: It is questionable whether he actually knows the top three buttons of all his shirts exist.
- Older Than They Look: He's in his thirties, but could easily pass for 10 years younger.
- Star-Making Role: He was already well known in the theatre community before Les Miserables, but his role as Enjolras gained him a whole new level of stardom. Apparently, so is Graceland. According to at least once source, Hollywood has been trying for a few years now to bring the guy to television.