Aaron Staton (Pronounced "Stay-ten") is an American actor best known for his roles as Ken Cosgrove on Mad Men, and Detective Cole Phelps in the video game L.A. Noire. Aside from these, he's also had supporting and bit parts in series such as Without a Trace, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, The Good Wife, 7th Heaven, as well as films such as August Rush and The Nanny Diaries. Along with the rest of the Mad Men cast, he has won several SAG Awards, while the series has won many Golden Globes and Emmys. He was also nominated for a BAFTA for Best Performance in a Video Game.
Provides Examples Of:
- Badass Beard: When Mad Men isn't filming, he's been known to grow a pretty serious looking one.
- Creator Couple: Sort of. Both he and his wife acted side by side (playing husband and wife) in L.A. Noire.
- Facial Dialogue: Is very good at this, and has an extremely expressive face. It's most likely one of the big reasons he was chosen for Cole.
- He's Got Legs: Apparently so◊
- Hilarious in Hindsight: His interrogation on SVU certainly counts as this.
- Newbie Boom: Was the cause of this with Mad Men, after quite a few people played L.A. Noire and wanted more.
- Nice Guy: Tends to be cast as a combo of this and a sort of "All American" Boy Next Door.
- Nice Shoes: These◊
- One of Us: Has been very open about his love of video games (discussed here and here), having attended E3 several years in a row.