Comic Book: Captain Klutz
Captain Klutz AKA Ringo Fonebone is a bungling, Perpetual Poverty-stricken superhero created by cartoonist Don Martin of MAD fame.The Captain's parody misadventures were printed in Mad paperbacks, rather than the magazine itself. While Martin handled the artwork, various other Mad artists did the writing. See The Other Wiki for more publishing details.
This comic strip provides examples of:
- Accidental Hero
- Appropriated Appellation
- The Bad Guy Wins - Happens sometimes, Sissyman being one prominent example.
- Captain Superhero - Nominally, at least.
- Connect the Deaths - One of Mervin the Mad Bomber's attacks uses this schtick.
- Da Chief - Police Chief O'Freenbean
- Giant Spider - Gorgonzola
- Gravity Is A Harsh Seamstress
- Harmless Electrocution - How Gorgonzola is finally defeated.
- Line-of-Sight Name
- Mad Bomber - Mervin the Mad Bomber
- Master of Disguise - Long Chinny (with a Shout-Out name).
- Nice Hat - Subverted, in that Klutz's mask started life as a supremely ugly hat.
- Noodle Incident:Klutz: I immediately jumped out the window. Luckily, Sissyman's apartment was on the first floor. It used to be on the second floor, but that's another story.
- Pulling Themselves Together - Klutz may actually possess one genuine super-power.
- Sissy Villain - Sissyman, unsurprisingly.
- Sound Defect
- Status Quo Is God - Parodied at the end of "Chicken Soup", with the Mayor still a mindless zombie. "Who's going to notice the difference?"
- Twist Ending - Gorgonzola is revealed to be a mechanical construct controlled by a human operator inside.
- Wild Take - It's a Don Martin cartoon, so, yeah. One of the most extreme examples occurs when Klutz meets Gorgonzola for the first time.
- Wouldn't Hit a Girl - Shoot her, well, that's a different story..
- Written Sound Effect