open/close all folders
- Chick Magnet: He never tries to seduce girls, they just come to him.
- Dead Person Impersonation: He was recruited to impersonate Steve Rowland as part of Carrington's plan to find out who ordered the assassination of William Sheridan, before his amnesia.
- Mr. Fanservice: Sometimes shirtless.
- Never-Forgotten Skill: Just like Jason Bourne, his combat skills are not at all affected by the memory loss.
- Oblivious to Love: Action Girl Jones is obviously fond of XIII, but he seems to ignore this when she asks him what she is to him.
- Pursuing Parental Perils: In "The Jason Fly File" and "The Night of August 3rd".
- 13 Is Unlucky: Lampshaded by a tramp he meets in a train at the end of "The Day of The Black Sun". Averted most of the time actually.
- Training from Hell: Has followed several in his life. The most horrible of these has to be the S.P.A.D.S. training, which often results in the death of the weakest soldiers.
- X Marks the Hero: His XIII tattoo counts.
- Beauty Is Never Tarnished: Averted: as she gets a wound to the abdomen that leaves a massive scar. The doctor says it'lll eventually go away, but she's now likely to be unable to bear children.
- Comic-Book Fantasy Casting: For her appearance, she was inspired by Whitney Houston.
General Benjamin Carrington
Colonel Samuel Amos
- An Arm and a Leg: Lost his left arm in his youth.
- Heroic Sacrifice: In "Operation Monte Cristo".
- Deep South: Where she comes from.
- Good Girls Avoid Abortion: Averted. She had two abortions. Her comicbook reveals she had been pregnant with XIII and decided to keep him but then had a miscariage.
Marquis Armand de Préseau
- Heroes Want Redheads: Falls in love with Betty Barnowksy.
- Self-Made Man: Became the wealthiest banana plantation owner of Costa Verde by sheer force of will, starting with only a shack and the help of Romeo, a young Indian.
The Conspiracy of the XX
Calvin Wax (II)
William S. Standwell (III)
- The Butcher: His nickname during the war in Asia.
- Eye Scream: Carrington burnt his eye with a cigar.
Colonel Seymour D. Mac Call (XI)
Steve Rowland (XIII)
- Who Shot JFK?: It was him.
Kim Rowland (née Carrington) (XVII)
Other Major Antagonists
- Assassin Outclassin': Never succeeds to kill XIII.
- He Knows Too Much: Wally Sheridan kills him in "The Trial" when he's about to reveal crucial informations about him and the Conspiracy of the XX.
- Battleaxe Nurse: Her disguise the first time she confronts XIII.
- Diabolical Mastermind: She becomes the chief of her own SPECTRE-like organisation of hitmen and professional assassins, Executor, after the death of the Mongoose.
- Eye Scream: She lost an eye during her first encounter with XIII.
- Legacy Character: To the Mongoose after "The Trial".
Felicity Rowland (née Brown)
- Allohistorical Allusion: John F. Kennedy.
- Corrupt Politician: Got elected with the help of The Mafia.
- Our Presidents Are Different: President Target and President Personable.
- Allohistorical Allusion: The assassination of Robert F. Kennedy. He doesn't die of it though.
- Big Bad: Number I of the Conspiracy.
- Evil Cannot Comprehend Good: He asks XIII why he saved "that worthless black woman" instead of Kim who know much about the conspiracy. XIII replies that an asshole like him can't understand.
- The Idealist: Seems to share his brother's political ideas. It's all a lie.
Maria Isabel De Los Santos
- Love Interest: She was XIII's love interest when he helped the revolutionarists of Costa Verde
Padre Jacinto (aka "El Loco")
- The Adjective One: "El Loco".
- Heel–Face Turn: Twice. One to Frank Giordino and another to Irina Svatlanova.
- Professional Killer: Works in partnership with Irina Svatlanova for some time.
General James Elroy Wittaker
- Peer Pressure Makes You Evil: What he tries to escape.
- Unsafe Haven: His house.
Jonathan Mac Lane
- Scandalgate: Supported Julius and Ethel Rosenberg during their trial.
- Witch Hunt: A victim of this in the Red Scare times. See above.
- Worth Living For: His leftist and humanist ideas.
- Handicapped Badass: He's blind, and he shot Dwight Rigby dead while being guided solely by the latter's voice.
- The Reveal: He reveals the truth about what happened to Jonathan Mac Lane.
- Broken Bird: She has been raped at the age of 14. She got better though.
- "Not If They Enjoyed It" Rationalization: She's not very mad at Dwight Rigby for having raped her because she was secretly in love with him.