Badass Bookworm: Animated Films
- Maria Posada from The Book of Life, is a lover of books, who can also kick butt.
- Hiccup in How to Train Your Dragon seems like an overthinking klutz of a Viking, but once he befriends Toothless and seriously studies Dragons, he is able to handle the species and use inventions with them in battle that leave his warrior contemporaries agape.
- Edna in The Incredibles, a no-nonsense fashion designer who uses all sorts of advanced sciences in designing custom costumes for superheroes.
- Blu in Rio becomes this over the course of his journey with Jewel. His skills that he learns as a pet (i.e. opening cages, skateboarding, climbing) would become useful later on. Linda and Tulio also are promoted to this rank.
- Outside of Fred and Baymax, the heroes of Big Hero 6 are a bunch of science nerds who use their talents in various fields (Wasabi's laser-generated plasma, Gogo's mag-lev wheels, Honey's chemistry expertise, and Hiro's robotics know-how) to become superheroes. Although Fred could still qualify for this, as he is an English major at his college.
- The title characters of Mr. Peabody & Sherman: They are both focused on knowledge, yet they can be quite heroic.