Consider us even.The Saga In General
—Ra's Al Ghul, Batman Begins
- This trailer for the whole trilogy sums up the awesomeness of this saga.
- Whether intentionally or not, the trilogy matches up to the arc speech from The Prestige, making it a meta CMOA for Nolan. See here.
- The existence of this series as a whole is an awesome moment for superhero movies, bringing an Academy Award into the genre for Heath Ledger's insane performance as the Joker.
- This film incarnation of the Joker even has his own Wikipedia page!
- Not to discredit the other villain performances, which were either entirely faithful to their comic book counterpart (Scarecrow, Bane, Ra's al Ghul- at least as much as the setting allowed- and Two-Face), or completely redefining (The Joker).
- A perfect movie trilogy. All three films are highly regarded and considered excellent. It's an occurrence so rare in films that even Christopher Nolan brought it up at one point.
- Another rarity is that it is a complete trilogy. After many superhero film franchises ending up being rebooted or cancelled entirely, this series feels like a huge cathartic relief since it is possibly one of the only ones of its kind (and the only Batman film series) that managed to tell its entire story and give it a natural, proper ending, completely avoiding death until it was its time to put in closure. It's a survivor.