Awesome: Moulin Rouge!
The 2001 film:
- El Tango de Roxanne! Even people who hate the film will usually agree that this is just a goddamn cool scene.
- The Come What May finale also qualifies, specially when Zidler punches the Duke in the face.
- Sparkling Diamonds. Never let it be said that Satine doesn't know how to make an entrance.
- Awesome Music: El Tango de Roxanne. Sung by a narcoleptic Argentinian.
- The Show Must Go On. Come on, it was originally performed by fucking Queen, people!
- Also, the Elephant Love Medley. Forget the song title.
- It's (nearly) Exactly What It Says on the Tin. In other words, it's a love medley sung inside an elephant-shaped room.
- "Bolero", the extraordinarily epic end credits music.
- Your Song. That's All, Folks!
- Lady. Fucking. Marmalade.
- Zidler punching the Duke in the face right at the end of Spectacular Spectacular.
- Made all the better because he knows it will ruin his livelihood, but his Bohemian ideals are not so crushed that he can't strike a blow for truth, beauty, freedom, and especially love.
- Chocolat saving Satine from The Duke's Attempted Rape with a fist to the skull.
- Princess Petite (The Dwarf dancer) dropping a sand bag from above ontop of Warner's head when he goes to shoot Christian.
- During the 'Come What May' reprise onstage, when Satine drops the cynical ending in favour of singing her feelings to Christian. On the line 'Come back to me/And forgive everything' in particular. What makes it awesome is the power Kidman gives this note, coupled with her doubling over after finishing it, because the TB is heavily taking its toll on her.