Awesome: Howl's Moving Castle
- Every time Sophie stands up to the Witch of the Waste is a moment of awesome.
Witch: "Pendragon"? Why does that name sound so familiar?Sophie: *irritably* Because it was the name of my tacky hat shop!Witch: Was it? I can't remember.
- The scene where they're both on their way to the palace and Sophie doesn't even help her up.
- Sophie flat-out lies to the Witch multiple times without even batting an eye.
- Loved Sophie standing up to Madame Sullivan.
Sophie: (to Madame Sullivan) That is enough! Now I understand why Howl was so concerned about coming to see you! It's a trap! You lure people here with an invitation from the King and then you strip them of all their powers! Howl would never be so heartless! He may be selfish and cowardly and sometimes he's hard to understand, but his intentions are good! He just wants to be free! (starts to become younger) Howl won't come here. He doesn't need your help. He can fix his problem with his demon on his own. I'm certain of it!
- Every time Howl uses his bird-form. Him using it to catch a bomb is probably one of the best.
- During the climax of the movie, the town's being bombed, houses are on fire, and Sophie's obviously worried about Howl, who's in the thick of things. She then finds out that Sullivan's henchmen (very creepy black goo-monsters) are trying to break into their flower shop. She meets them on the front steps and angrily tells them that instead of trying to catch Howl, they should do something useful, like putting out the fires.
- Sophie standing up to Howl's wangst. First she tries to cheer him up, then she yells at him for being so whiny over his hair darkening, then calmly drags him upstairs to wash off the goo he summoned over himself. When Markl, obviously terrified of Howl's behavior, asks if he'll be okay, she tells him "It's fine. No one's ever died from throwing a tantrum."