Anime: Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman
Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman (幕末義人伝 浪漫?) is a Japanese anime television series created by TMS Entertainment, based on the CR Ginroku Gijinden Roman pachinko game, with original character designs by Lupin III creator Monkey Punch. In the fantasy historical story, the main character is a "helper" named Manjirou by day and a phantom thief "retriever" named Roman by night. Roman steals back people's precious items that were unfairly taken from them.
This anime provides examples of the following:
- Anime Accent Absence: Zig-Zagged, Hans has a strong foreign accent. While the Americans, namely Matthew and The Dragon Conti do not.
- Badass Beard: Roman
- Bifurcated Weapon: Magoichi's gun can be seperated into two pistols.
- Femme Fatale: Okuni
- Femme Fatalons: Poisonous ones.
- Heroes Want Redheads: Roman really likes Okuni.
- Jidai Geki: Takes place after the Sengoku period.
- Just Like Robin Hood
- Master of Disguise: Kanade and Okuni
- Miko: Kanade, though she's actually a Ninja.
- Mr. Vice Guy: Roman loves to gamble. Unfortunately for him, his luck rivals that of Tsunade's.
- My Greatest Failure: Roman failing to save a little girl named Otsuu, seven years ago.
- Our Zombies Are Different: Hans creates Artificial Zombies out of flour.
- Significant Green-Eyed Redhead: Okuni, one for being Roman's crush.