- Page: 1
Hi, I'm _______ and I'm an Anime
- Fantasy Kitchen Sink is in full effect
- Everything is PG-13 or below
- It's vaguely modern day, however, nothing exceedingly different from our world (yet anyway)
- It's set in a vaguely American/Japanese city thing.
- There are only three stats: Body (physical, health), Mind (intelligence and such), and Soul (spiritual, willpower). So a religious person will probably have a high soul while an android will have a low soul. Similarly, someone who's got lots of wisdom or knowledge will have a high mind, while cavemen will not. Body is self explanatory.
- Next is Attributes. Basically everything that your character can do. Long story short, there's a crap load of these and I'm not about to try to type out all of these. Leave this section to me.
- Skills, not nearly as bad as attributes, but serves as the less combat oriented stuff. Are you a good tennis player? You can put points into that. I'll still handle this because that's a lot of skills in there.
- Items are odd, they can be substitutes for skills and attributes, and are also customizable to an extent. However, they're usually half the cost, but in exchange can be lost, stolen, or disabled much more easily than what your character innately has. Don't think that the DM won't do it either. After a while, the DM has to set in a few rules to keep players from totally breaking the balance of the game (and it will happen!), and items are the first thing to be lost. On the other hand, having a lot of insignificant but useful items can help to avert this. Regardless, don't worry too much about it, if the character starts falling behind due to problems with items, we can improve those items and even get them permanently attached (of sorts).
- Name (English, Japanese, Engrish, Skaali, I don't care)
- Age (Eh... let's keep them above age 14)
- Personality (Alignment? Quirks? Ideologies? Work and play?)
- Backstory (Why you're special)
- Present Description (Looks, clothes, equipment, and other special abilities)
Hmm. What's the schedule and the mechanics for roleplaying? (i.e., once per day, once per two days, twice per week). I'm interested, but I've no experience whatsoever with BESM, and I can't promise I can fit the once-per-day schedule.
Hmm, guess I should have edited that in. Anyway, for the schedule, it's going to be once a week. It's a steady pace and plus for me and my friends, we really only have time on the weekends to do this.
oooh I really want to be in this, but the 19th is the Midwestern Troper meetup. Wait is this a group of people playing or something entirely different?
I'd be sort of interested in this myself if I'm understanding this right. I've read a bunch of BESM sourcebooks in the past, if that helps.
It's a group of people playing. For now, don't worry about the details, I don't know everything myself either yet. Just make up a character with a mini biography of sorts.
Can I help to add examples? and should I send details of character creation to you over PM? actually, can I sign up for this?
Real life game, plus, the GM has maxed out party. No more than five. AS for character creation, just discuss it here with the others. Once we have a basic idea of what the character is like, then we apply stats. If that fails, we can use a BESM topic on the forums to get this into a more organized conversation.
That poses a problem for me because I'm forum banned. If that's too much of a hurdle I'll be okay sitting this one out. I don't want to, but if necessary I understand. If not, I'm working on my character guy.
- Page: 1