Well, that was fun wasn't it?
A party with a shitty lesbian ending?
Well, at least we can now progress with Ellen and Nanase drama free plot. Right?
Fun fact, as of today, the most recent strips
STILL deal with Ellen and Nanase's relationship. Yes. That is Nanase.
But, hey, there has to be plot now, right?
Well, if there is one thing we will soon learn about Shive, it's that he loves one thing more than EGS.
His frikking Q&As.
Yeah. We're diving back into there
- The art has suddenly taken a turn for the...very very gray.
- And isn't it great that they are just floating in a white abyss?
- Of course.
- Of course the boob joke from the guest comics would make it in.
- Of course.
- Heheh. It's funny because Lisa is blackmailing Amanda with sexual harassment.
Sketchbook Strip 102306
What have we learned here?
Shive uses Adobe Illustrator!
Or some equivalent to it.
Look at those fingers
...wait a second.
HOW MANY TIMES WILL THIS BE ALLUDED TO?
I AM PRETTY SURE THAT THIS IS THE SECOND TIME AND THE THIRD TIME FOR THAT 2011 COMIC.
I MEAN, SERIOUSLY PEOPLE, DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND ARTISTIC LICENSE?
- Looking at the comparison between old Ellen and a redrawn Ellen, yeah, his art has improved a whole lot.
- Then again, five years of drawing, and I should hope it would.
- Also, that design would have been a tad stupid to use, since it would have meant she was even LESS distinguishable from Elliot.
- I suppose this would have all been way more interesting if I hadn't explained this way back when, huh?
- You know, this seems overtly complicated. Let me simplify this.
- One can be born with, take or learn magic. However, you need to train in specific ways to be able to use the magic. The abilities of a natural magic user will depend on the person's self, while wands come with preset magic.
- There. One paragraph. This is not that hard.
- Hell, if you want to generalize, just say
- "Anyone can learn magic, even if it doesn't come naturally to them, once they are trained properly. Items can be used by anyone, and can only do specific things while self made magic depends on the person."
- Two sentences.
- This was way too verbose. I'm not saying you should info dump, just that the text doesn't need to be that garbled.
- Tedd is a selfish douchebag asshole who never makes anything he doesn't want to.
- What? Grace might want a hunky Tedd?
- Lovely how Grace's forms never ever ever ever ever show up.
Sketchbook Strip 110306
Hey. Guys. I got banned from there :D
- Lisa is a total douchebag.
- You know, the next time someone like Shive, or a fan, pulls the "lol magic" excuse, I'm going to put forth these strips.
- Because clearly, Shive desperately does not want us to think that.
- No matter how much he seems to use it as an excuse.
Sketchbook Strip 110806
Who the FUCK is Teague?
Sketchbook Strip 111006
I AM BOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEDDDDDDDD-UH!
Geez, I get it, you've worked out specifics!
Good for friggin you!
But you know what, this is not good story material?
This is an extras material!
Or a SHOWING not TELLING material.
I mean, SERIOUSLY.
It is NOT that hard for the basics of magic to show up, as long as it's PORTRAYED CONSISTENTLY.
AND WHY DOES ELLIOT HAVE NO NIPPLES?
Sketchbook Strip 111506
Sketchbook Strip 112006
Do you know how stereotypical, sexist and flat out RUDE this is? First of all, it implies that if you get excited about clothing, you are a girly girly girl girl. Second of all, once again, we see this as some sort of punishment/punchline. How dare you act like a girl when you are not one, Shive! We can't have that! Oh no, that's just obscene! So, we now have the fact that not only are you not allowed to gush about clothing unless you're super girly, and the fact that not even supposedly "normal" girls would NEVER gush about clothing, but this is something that Shive worries about happening in real life
. This isn't just a cheap joke he thought up. This is something that somehow, he assumes, deep in his subconscious, that this he is somehow acting like a female because he is getting excited over clothing.
Because GUYS don't do that! That's just SILLY!
Sketchbook Strip 112706
Sketchbook Strip 112906
So, let me get this straight. Out of all the glorious wacky hijinx that could POSSIBLY draw in a reader, Shive chooses a rather badly drawn romantic stock picture.
Sketchbook Strip 120106
This is a male detective.
Sketchbook Strip 120406
This is a female personal assistant.
Do you see the difference?
Sketchbook Strip 120806
Sketchbook Strip 121506
Sketchbook Strip 122506
THESE ARE THE ONLY TWO CHARACTERS WHO MATTER.
- Good news! This is the last Q&A!
- Why this last one took more than a month to come out is beyond me.
- You know, if there had been just a few more delays, that party arc could have gone on to its third year.
- Also, Lisa is, once again, a huge douchebag, because lollesbians.
- And look at Shive, with the getting revenge on a character who he wrote to be mean to him.