Gr. Had planned on doing five more yesterday, but then I pressed the back button by accident, and lost my progress. Lost my motivation.
But I'm baack!
...no need to hold your applause.
- OMIGOD! THE SECOND PANEL! TEDD! HIS FOREHEAD! IT'S GONE! NO! SERIOUSLY GUYS! THIS IS DIFFERENT THAN LAST TIME! HIS PROFILE LINE DOES NOT GO ALL THE WAY!
- Also, in the last panel, it looks like he's looking down at the goo, when he is not in context.
- Other than those two things, there really isn't anything new
- Rectangle glasses
- Toothless Tedd
- Narrow Head Tedd
- Neck line breaching the jaw line
- Mario Hands
- It just feels redundant to complain about.
- However, I did like how the growing goo was placed at the bottom of the page.
- Post one has some more lovely exposition
- And then your standard set up for tempting fate.
- Also...why does steroids affect the goo like that? It absorbed testosterone, but didn't it absorb anything else like the nets? Also, why did it make it bigger? Steroids stunted growth I thought. Also, lack of hair. Why did it affect it so quickly? Why does it have eyes? Why does it have a mouth? Why in the world did Shive make this the first villain?
- Those lockers look like mini doors. My lockers were always that height, but extremely narrow. What about y'alls schools?
- —squints— Did...did Elliot just gain a watch?
- Dear god. Look at that smiley face. It looks like something I drew when I was six.
- I'm a bit miffed how he put that effort into making a background panel one, but then doesn't draw it again. He did it previously in strip 10. It makes it look like him and the goo are in a much more open field than they really are.
- Elliot's hand in the final panel screams to me 'I wish Shive had just stuck with the four fingered hand'.
- And now the goo has teeth. Why? BECAUSE!
- So, now that the goo is too big to...go through a net...Elliot can fight him! Or something.
- Think about it, if it had stayed tiny, it probably could have easily escaped. It should have eaten some pop rocks instead. That would have been awesome.
- Behold! MoŽ Elliot! You may now vomit.
- Bent pole is bent
- That text. I never cared about font before, but it's really bad. It just doesn't stand out. That is 'write an essay' font, not 'this is a notice!' font.
- Shive REALLY liked gradients back in the day didn't he? Look at that darkness fade to white in the center. Bet he thinks it's classy or something.
- Well, it IS better than a white background...
- BUT IT DOESN'T BEAT AN ACTUAL BACKGROUND SO THERE!
- PS- Only shojos use gradients, Shive :P
- ...yay filler?
- The colors! They hast return! I CAN SEE!
- Gradients galore. Where are they? The fuck if I know, but the next time I go to Moperville, I'm gonna let them know red is a shitty color to paint the walls.
- MOAR ACTION! And boy oh BOY is it painful! The fork throw was OK, but everything else leaves much to be desired. SERIOUSLY. Is the goo attempting to PUNCH Elliot or aim projectile goo at him?
- Oh, and remember how I said the art gets much better?
- Yeah. This? THIS NEVER DOES! EVER!
- So, why does that fork move perfectly horizontally? Even when travelling through what has to be at least a semi solidish object? Even when moving through water it should have been bent a bit.
- Also, bent in angle in the first place due to, y'know, gravity.
- So...a fork eh? Are they in the cafeteria? I WOULDN'T KNOW! I'VE APPARENTLY STUMBLED INTO BLEACH!
- MORTAL KOMBAT! WHOO!
- Here we see that Elliot uses japanese names. This doesn't mean much, but later on this will get expanded into what I see as a very poorly thought out character trait.
- As for the joke itself behind it, I'll give him points for trying something new, but it still isn't what I'd call lolworthy.
- Also, if the goo is some odd substance, shouldn't you do some research on what that substance is? You're in highschool! You've taken chemistry before haven't you? And if you haven't, Tedd has.
- Yes, Elliot. We know it didn't do anything. Thank you for you telling us.
- Back to the greyscale. I think that Shive only did the color so that everyone would know the color the goo was.
- Elliot...he has no nose in his profiles, and it's REALLY obvious here. Seriously, it looks like just a black face lip or something...
- Tedd's hai-HOSHIT! HE DOES HAVE TEETH! I am in shock.
- Tedd no longer has the dreaded stubby fat thumb. He has transferred it to Elliot, it seems.
- That last panel has some very sketchy remnants. It's a bit hard to see, but there seem to be more left over lines than normal...
- So...what has this goo done so far? Stolen cafeteria food. It seems to be pretty harmless. Considering that Elliot was able to leave without any repercussions...
- I mean, it's not the GOO 's fault that his color scheme is what it is, and that his smile is creepy. I'm sure all he needs is a hug.
- Oh Tedd. You. Endless barrel of LOLPERVJOKES aren'tcha?
- In all seriousness, this joke would have worked a LOT better if we saw Elliot running into Tedd, Tedd not yelling that, and instead the girls locker room door being drawn in the background, with Tedd's hand on the door knob.
- It would also have meant this strip could have been merged with another, to give it more substance.
Tune in next time for an actual sight gag (which is actually pretty funny) and one of the scariest faces made by Elliot in EGS history!