O_o. What's this? People posting who are not obligated to (coughcakmancough)? Wowza.
- Apparently, the German stole Tedd's shirt.
- First panel- long hair. Second panel- really short hair. Fourth panel- an inbetween length of hair.
- The pole is female, clearly. Look at the curves on that thing. Sexy.
- Is her pigtail...pointy, at the top?
- I really shouldn't have mentioned Tedd's lack of a forehead, it's all I can see when I look at the girl now.
- We have two of the three filler compadres (and a later fourth, making them the three musketeers). I never particularly liked them, but I never really had a grudge against them either.
- The joke in the first panel is fairly simple, but it's ruined by how wordy it is. There is no need to cram in the words 'stereotypical german scientist' that way. It's just bad lampshading. Especially compared to a later joke when he makes a visual joke such as this one and does not explain it at all. At least that's something to look forward to.
- It is here we find out that our very own Dan Shive is a...a...WEEABOO!!!. Horrifying, I know.
- On the more serious side of things, it does serve as a warning to the amount of animéness that is in it. Some is played straight, some is parodied, and other things are more subtle, like Nanase's heritage. This isn't what I would call a bad trait, but it's nothing I'd want to call unique or spectacular. At the same time, it clashes with the tone of the rest of the series and to be honest, I think that it would have been better off without.
- Disclaimer: The absence of animé would not eliminate the only black character from existance in EGS
- On to the actual joke. Yet another joke about male sexuality. You know, I'd like to see one about female sexuality. Maybe have Sarah trying to get Elliot and Tedd to kiss, or the girl scientist trying to beef up the German guy.
- Once again, the joke is ruined by the explanation. It would have been better if Shive had relied on a more visual cue, or perhaps change the sentence to something more concise.
- So I'm NOT color blind after all!
- It amuses me that Elliot's shirt does not change at all. It could be laziness, it could be intentional. Who knows?
- In the first panel, Tedd's hair is short and minorly jagged. By the fifth panel, it has gotten longer and much more obviously jagged. Clearly, all that hair pulling had its benefits.
- Here's something new, robot fingers on Tedd, panel two.
- Elliot, never make that fifth panel facial expression ever again. In all honesty, you should stop emoting entirely. You seem to have an alarming tendency of making weird faces. I could probably keep a counter on it. Maybe I will.
- Why are the backgrounds constantly changing color?
- I think that judging by one of the previous strips and this strip, it is safe to say Tedd is toothless.
- Why does the German have a speck of black in his hair?
- Once again, wordy Elliot, simplistic Tedd. It's a bit...odd. Also, I think Shive originally intended Elliot to be a Deadpan Snarker. Clearly, that did not follow through.
- More lampshading in an awkward manner! Geebus Shive, you just love hitting the same four notes over and over again don'tcha? WORDY LAMPSHADE! MALE HORMONE JOKE! HAMMER VIOLENCE! A WORDY LAMPSHADE ABOUT MALE HORMONES THAT ENDS IN HAMMER VIOLENCE!
- This is where it gets obvious Shive is listening to feedback with each strip. The censored joke is the type of thing that works better as a one off, but he brought it back, and I suspect it's because people asked him.
- The joke is actually OK, but it's ruined by the wordy explanation at the end. I feel like I'm reading CAD here. Not a good thing.
- Where'd all the colors go? Where'd the large layout go? Eh, whatevs, less work for me.
- FINALLY! Someone with rectangular glasses through and through!
- Only in the first panel they are given a 3D like depth, and in the next two they are portrayed flat like.
- Tedd, do you just give your shirt to like, EVERY guy you sleep with? It's a really bad habit to get into.
- The teacher nose goes from being curved to being rather pointy.
- Hey look! Forehead! Sort of!
- Look at that thumb. It looks like a tiny little mass of fat. I bet if you pressed it it would just go inside his hand.
- This is the first comic I'd deem as not entirely horrible.
- The beginning joke is actually worded pretty well, as well as the end joke.
- The teacher does NOT reply to Tedd, and only gives a facepalm. Well done.
- Now, while the execution was done well, the joke itself is once again pretty clichéd and nothing I would call new.
- Finally, the one thing I'd say he had a problem with execution wise is that thought bubble second panel. It's pretty needless. It's telling, not showing. SHOW us that the teacher is aggravated, don't TELL us!
- WHOAH! ACTUAL POSES! AND ACTION! IF ONLY THEY DIDN'T REAK OF AMATEURITY!
- Elliot has gone back to full black mouth. No more teeth for him. Clearly, Tedd savagedly removed all of his teeth so creepy Elliot face will never be seen again. Or Shive realized he sucked at drawing them. But that's getting meta about it.
- The goo...does not really look like goo. It looks...shiny, and...not gooey. I'd be inclined to say gunky, if anything.
- ACTION LINES OF FAIL! Although, I must say it's interesting how he placed the SFX.
- Elliot has lobster claws for hands in the penultimate panel
- Now we see Elliot's hair has fully evolved into faux-animé style that will follow him around until Shive learns how to shade.
- Look at Tedd's finger in the final panel. Don't you just want to bend it backwards? It's already half way there...
- Exposition to the rescue. It lets us know why Tedd and Elliot have nets, even though it should be somewhat understandable since goo just came alive. It tells us where the goo is, even though we see it in the panel. It explains to us the goo slips through nets, even though that's exactly what was drawn. And it lets us know that yes, to do such a thing was stupid.
- That's...really about it. Shive put telling over showing. Not much else to say.
- The perspective, it burnssss us master. It burns us so. Make the pain go away master, it burnses us...
- I do like how Shive used different font for the sound effects. It's a nice touch. Now if only those sound effects were placed better.
- Tedd must have touched the teacher's thumb. He has the fatness too. That's what you get for sleeping with a guy like that.
- The goo does not look like goo. It looks like one of those paintings you make by putting a glob of paint in the middle and folding it down the middle.
- Exposition saves the world again from having to show the goo disappearing! Whooooooh.
- WHY ARE THERE STEROIDS IN A BLEEPING SCHOOL?!?!
- Also, while the star wars reference makes sense (and is a fairly par for course joke with no real uniqueness to it) Tedd's punchline does not. I think Shive was still painting him as the stupid one to Elliot's straight man-ness.