History VideoGame / Segagaga

13th Feb '16 10:14:53 AM GrammarNavi
Is there an issue? Send a Message


Released for the UsefulNotes/{{Dreamcast}} when SEGA pretty much stopped caring about what it wanted to put out, ''Segagaga'' is a parody of the brief and rather one-sided rivalry between the Dreamcast and the PlayStation2. While it's, at its core, a game company simulator, everything else about it is wacky and zany. Your grunt-level programmers resemble Moai statues and fuzzy monsters, the characters are real and do double-duty acting in the games and working for the company (with a few exceptions), and every game that SEGA under Taro's leadership develops and publishes pokes fun at some other game on the market, such as ''[[VideoGame/{{Daikatana}} Dalai Lama]]''.

to:

Released for the UsefulNotes/{{Dreamcast}} UsefulNotes/SegaDreamcast when SEGA pretty much stopped caring about what it wanted to put out, ''Segagaga'' is a parody of the brief and rather one-sided rivalry between the Dreamcast and the PlayStation2.UsefulNotes/PlayStation2. While it's, at its core, a game company simulator, everything else about it is wacky and zany. Your grunt-level programmers resemble Moai statues and fuzzy monsters, the characters are real and do double-duty acting in the games and working for the company (with a few exceptions), and every game that SEGA under Taro's leadership develops and publishes pokes fun at some other game on the market, such as ''[[VideoGame/{{Daikatana}} Dalai Lama]]''.
10th Oct '15 8:55:47 AM rjd1922
Is there an issue? Send a Message


The year is 2025. {{SEGA}} only has 3% of the market share left. The other 97% of the video game market is taken up by DOGMA. As the last stand against DOGMA's threat of a total monopoly, SEGA launches Project Segagaga as a last ditch effort: Find somebody on the street who will be able to reclaim SEGA's lost territory in the market and bring proper competition back to the industry. One of these people is a teenager [[MeaningfulName appropriately named Taro Sega]].

Released for the {{Dreamcast}} when SEGA pretty much stopped caring about what it wanted to put out, ''Segagaga'' is a parody of the brief and rather one-sided rivalry between the Dreamcast and the PlayStation2. While it's, at its core, a game company simulator, everything else about it is wacky and zany. Your grunt-level programmers resemble Moai statues and fuzzy monsters, the characters are real and do double-duty acting in the games and working for the company (with a few exceptions), and every game that SEGA under Taro's leadership develops and publishes pokes fun at some other game on the market, such as ''[[VideoGame/{{Daikatana}} Dalai Lama]]''.

to:

The year is 2025. {{SEGA}} Creator/{{SEGA}} only has 3% of the market share left. The other 97% of the video game market is taken up by DOGMA. As the last stand against DOGMA's threat of a total monopoly, SEGA launches Project Segagaga as a last ditch effort: Find somebody on the street who will be able to reclaim SEGA's lost territory in the market and bring proper competition back to the industry. One of these people is a teenager [[MeaningfulName appropriately named Taro Sega]].

Released for the {{Dreamcast}} UsefulNotes/{{Dreamcast}} when SEGA pretty much stopped caring about what it wanted to put out, ''Segagaga'' is a parody of the brief and rather one-sided rivalry between the Dreamcast and the PlayStation2. While it's, at its core, a game company simulator, everything else about it is wacky and zany. Your grunt-level programmers resemble Moai statues and fuzzy monsters, the characters are real and do double-duty acting in the games and working for the company (with a few exceptions), and every game that SEGA under Taro's leadership develops and publishes pokes fun at some other game on the market, such as ''[[VideoGame/{{Daikatana}} Dalai Lama]]''.



* MundaneMadeAwesome - Making videogames, of course.

to:

* MundaneMadeAwesome - Making videogames, video games, of course.



* ScrapHeapHero - AlexKidd was once the head spokesman for SEGA. Then VideoGame/SonicTheHedgehog happened, and he was promptly laid off. Alex Kidd now works behind the counter at a convenience store.

to:

* ScrapHeapHero - AlexKidd VideoGame/AlexKidd was once the head spokesman for SEGA. Then VideoGame/SonicTheHedgehog Franchise/SonicTheHedgehog happened, and he was promptly laid off. Alex Kidd now works behind the counter at a convenience store.



* UnexpectedGameplayChange - The game becomes a {{shmup}} when DOGMA goes all-out against SEGA. In addition to how the game constantly shifts between an RPG and A simulation game.

to:

* UnexpectedGameplayChange - The game becomes a {{shmup}} when DOGMA goes all-out against SEGA. In addition to how the game constantly shifts between an RPG and A a simulation game.
12th Feb '15 4:05:47 PM SCBlue
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* TearJerker - [[spoiler:Alex Kidd's Monologue. [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNiHxnB9urs ALL OF IT.]] Alex Kidd is forced to work as a store clerk for SEGA after his games bomb, purely because, as a game character, he is PHYSICALLY UNABLE to move his life forward without someone controlling him - that is, literally NOBODY IN THE WORLD is playing an Alex Kidd game anymore, and so he's stuck there. And yet, he manages to be motivational and positive about all of it. Ganbare, ganbare, Arekkusu Kiddo....]]
24th Oct '14 5:12:28 AM SayaAensland
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* TearJerker - [spoiler]Alex Kidd's Monologue. ALL OF IT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNiHxnB9urs
Alex Kidd is forced to work as a store clerk for SEGA after his games bomb, purely because, as a game character, he is PHYSICALLY UNABLE to move his life forward without someone controlling him - that is, literally NOBODY IN THE WORLD is playing an alex kidd game anymore, and so he's stuck there. And yet, he manages to be motivational and positive about all of it.
Ganbare, ganbare, arekusho kiido....[/spoiler]

to:

* TearJerker - [spoiler]Alex [[spoiler:Alex Kidd's Monologue. ALL OF IT.
https://www.
[[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNiHxnB9urs
com/watch?v=sNiHxnB9urs ALL OF IT.]] Alex Kidd is forced to work as a store clerk for SEGA after his games bomb, purely because, as a game character, he is PHYSICALLY UNABLE to move his life forward without someone controlling him - that is, literally NOBODY IN THE WORLD is playing an alex kidd Alex Kidd game anymore, and so he's stuck there. And yet, he manages to be motivational and positive about all of it.
it. Ganbare, ganbare, arekusho kiido....[/spoiler]
Arekkusu Kiddo....]]
15th Oct '14 10:27:01 PM recorderdude
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* TearJerker - [spoiler] Alex Kidd's Monologue. ALL OF IT.

to:

* TearJerker - [spoiler] Alex [spoiler]Alex Kidd's Monologue. ALL OF IT.




Ganbare, ganbare, arekusho kiido....

[/spoiler]

to:

\nGanbare, ganbare, arekusho kiido....

kiido....[/spoiler]
15th Oct '14 10:26:12 PM recorderdude
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* TearJerker - [spoiler = Alex Kidd's Monologue. ALL OF IT.

to:

* TearJerker - [spoiler = [spoiler] Alex Kidd's Monologue. ALL OF IT.



Ganbare, ganbare, arekusho kiido....]

to:

Ganbare, ganbare, arekusho kiido....]
kiido....
15th Oct '14 10:25:43 PM recorderdude
Is there an issue? Send a Message


Ganbare, ganbare, arekusho kiido....

to:

Ganbare, ganbare, arekusho kiido....
kiido....]
15th Oct '14 10:25:15 PM recorderdude
Is there an issue? Send a Message

Added DiffLines:

* TearJerker - [spoiler = Alex Kidd's Monologue. ALL OF IT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNiHxnB9urs
Alex Kidd is forced to work as a store clerk for SEGA after his games bomb, purely because, as a game character, he is PHYSICALLY UNABLE to move his life forward without someone controlling him - that is, literally NOBODY IN THE WORLD is playing an alex kidd game anymore, and so he's stuck there. And yet, he manages to be motivational and positive about all of it.

Ganbare, ganbare, arekusho kiido....

[/spoiler]
25th Sep '14 1:00:16 PM nanakiro
Is there an issue? Send a Message


The year is 2025. {{SEGA}} only has 3% of the market share left. The other 97% of the video game market is taken up by DOGMA. As the last stand against DOMGA's threat of a total monopoly, SEGA launches Project Segagaga as a last ditch effort: Find somebody on the street who will be able to reclaim SEGA's lost territory in the market and bring proper competition back to the industry. One of these people is a teenager [[MeaningfulName appropriately named Taro Sega]].

to:

The year is 2025. {{SEGA}} only has 3% of the market share left. The other 97% of the video game market is taken up by DOGMA. As the last stand against DOMGA's DOGMA's threat of a total monopoly, SEGA launches Project Segagaga as a last ditch effort: Find somebody on the street who will be able to reclaim SEGA's lost territory in the market and bring proper competition back to the industry. One of these people is a teenager [[MeaningfulName appropriately named Taro Sega]].
11th Jun '14 12:00:02 PM sillygolem
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* NoBudget - According to developer Tez Okano, the game cost "100th of Shenmue" and was developed mostly in secret over two years. When its sale was approved, Sega gave him a $200 marketing budget, of which half was used by Okano to buy himself a wrestling mask. Appearing at games stores in disguise, he was able to get enough buzz going to spur online orders and eventually a retail release.
This list shows the last 10 events of 23. Show all.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/article_history.php?article=VideoGame.Segagaga