History AwesomeBosses / OtherGames

16th Jul '16 7:54:31 PM mlsmithca
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* VideoGame/FireEmblemFates has it's three final bosses in each route, much like it's predecessor ''Awakening''. It's worth mentioning that they all play [[CrowningMusicOfAwesome End of All]], one of the best themes in the game.

to:

* VideoGame/FireEmblemFates has it's its three final bosses in each route, much like it's its predecessor ''Awakening''. It's worth mentioning that they all play [[CrowningMusicOfAwesome [[SugarWiki/AwesomeMusic End of All]], one of the best themes in the game.



** The ''Conquest'' final boss is [[spoiler:Double Anankos!Takumi]], [[and boy, ThatOneBoss he's one tough motherfucker,]] but it pays off by being inmensely satisfying as a fitting end for the hell that is the ''Conquest'' route (''especially'' on [[HarderThanHard Lunatic)]]. Unlike Garon, he's only fought in the ''Conquest'' Endgame as opposed to being fought in both it's Chapter 27 and Endgame like Garon, since the latter had already been defeated in the previous chapter. But still, after an incredibly aggravating (but epic) struggle to reach him, he reveals himself as an extremely tough boss as [[spoiler:he's basically paired with a clone of himself, with the Bold Stance that basically turns it into the ''Pair Up mechanic from Awakening''.]] All coupled with several skills that make him harder, when you finally beat him you'll likely cry of happiness as you've finally [[JustForPun conquered]] the NintendoHard hell that is ''Conquest''. [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVKrpiphCuo And it's all accompanied by a slightly different version of the previously mentioned theme.]]

to:

** The ''Conquest'' final boss is [[spoiler:Double Anankos!Takumi]], [[and [[ThatOneBoss and boy, ThatOneBoss he's one tough motherfucker,]] but it pays off by being inmensely satisfying as a fitting end for the hell that is the ''Conquest'' route (''especially'' on [[HarderThanHard Lunatic)]]. Unlike Garon, he's only fought in the ''Conquest'' Endgame as opposed to being fought in both it's Chapter 27 and Endgame like Garon, since the latter had already been defeated in the previous chapter. But still, after an incredibly aggravating (but epic) struggle to reach him, he reveals himself as an extremely tough boss as [[spoiler:he's basically paired with a clone of himself, with the Bold Stance that basically turns it into the ''Pair Up mechanic from Awakening''.]] All coupled with several skills that make him harder, when you finally beat him you'll likely cry of happiness as you've finally [[JustForPun conquered]] the NintendoHard hell that is ''Conquest''. [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVKrpiphCuo And it's all accompanied by a slightly different version of the previously mentioned theme.]]
16th Jul '16 4:19:14 PM SergeBernhardt
Is there an issue? Send a Message


** The ''Birthright'' final boss is the [[BigBad Nohrian King Garon,]] fought in his Nohrian King form in Chapter 27, in the throne room of Castle Krakenburg, not only getting to him is fairly difficult as the stage is large and full of dangers, but Garon himself is very tough as well, as he's equipped with the Bölverk axe, which not only can deal a ton of damage, but ''it has a 90% chance of hitting you, on top of a 10% of critting you, possibly killing your units in the process''. And if you manage to defeat him, he enters his [[OneWingedAngel Blight Dragon form]], who is also one of the very few bosses who can move in the ''entire series'', but only after he uses the four Dragon Veins he has. And while he's not as strong as in his human form, he still manages to be a tricky but amazing boss to beat. All of that coupled with [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9J0_RYhWMw one of the most epic themes in the game]].

to:

** The ''Birthright'' final boss is the [[BigBad Nohrian King Garon,]] fought in his Nohrian King form in Chapter 27, in the throne room of Castle Krakenburg, not only getting to him is fairly difficult as the stage is large and full of dangers, but Garon himself is very tough as well, as he's equipped with the Bölverk axe, which not only can deal a ton of damage, but ''it has a 90% chance of hitting you, on top of a 10% of critting you, possibly killing your units in the process''. And if you manage to defeat him, he enters his [[OneWingedAngel Blight Dragon form]], who is also one of the very few bosses who can move in the ''entire series'', but only after he uses the four Dragon Veins he has. And while he's not as strong as in his human form, he still manages to be a tricky but amazing boss to beat. All of that coupled with [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9J0_RYhWMw one of the most epic themes in the game]].



** The ''Revelation'' final boss, which is also the TrueFinalBoss of ''Fates'' as a whole, puts the other two final bosses and even ''Grima'' to shame when it comes to spectacle. Like Garon, you fight [[spoiler:Anankos]] in two phases between Chapter 27 and the Endgame itself. The mask itself is rather tough, being equipped with the Dragonskin and Status Immunity along with some rather high stats, but after you defeat it, the real deal comes: [[spoiler:Anankos]] turns into [[OneWingedAngel his much larger Silent Dragon form,]] and the whole Endgame is centered about fighting [[spoiler:Anankos,]] which rivals ''Radiant Dawn'''s FinalBoss when it comes to complexity: you have to destroy his arms, then his head, and ''then'' his heart (the last of which is fought very similar to ''Awakening'''s Grima). All of them are quite tough, as they sport the same skills as the mask form, but on top of that they hit even harder and can even kill units easily. That, while the camera does some really epic pans to show [[spoiler:Anankos' attacks]] off. Coupled with Vallites swarming you constantly, the boss itself putting you on your toes and [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKOEvNOM4DI yet another version of the previously mentioned epic theme,]] making for an epic confrontation, if not as insanely hard as, say, the ''Conquest'' final boss.

to:

** The ''Revelation'' final boss, which is also the TrueFinalBoss of ''Fates'' as a whole, puts the other two final bosses and even ''Grima'' to shame when it comes to spectacle. Like Garon, you fight [[spoiler:Anankos]] in two phases between Chapter 27 and the Endgame itself. The mask itself is rather tough, being equipped with the Dragonskin and Status Immunity along with some rather high stats, but after you defeat it, the real deal comes: [[spoiler:Anankos]] turns into [[OneWingedAngel his much larger Silent Dragon form,]] and the whole Endgame is centered about fighting [[spoiler:Anankos,]] which rivals the FinalBoss of ''Radiant Dawn'''s FinalBoss Dawn'' when it comes to complexity: you have to destroy his arms, then his head, and ''then'' his heart (the last of which is fought very similar to ''Awakening'''s Grima). All of them are quite tough, as they sport the same skills as the mask form, but on top of that they hit even harder and can even kill units easily. That, while the camera does some really epic pans to show [[spoiler:Anankos' attacks]] off. Coupled with Vallites swarming you constantly, the boss itself putting you on your toes and [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKOEvNOM4DI yet another version of the previously mentioned epic theme,]] making for an epic confrontation, if not as insanely hard as, say, the ''Conquest'' final boss.
16th Jul '16 4:14:07 PM SergeBernhardt
Is there an issue? Send a Message

Added DiffLines:

* VideoGame/FireEmblemFates has it's three final bosses in each route, much like it's predecessor ''Awakening''. It's worth mentioning that they all play [[CrowningMusicOfAwesome End of All]], one of the best themes in the game.
** The ''Birthright'' final boss is the [[BigBad Nohrian King Garon,]] fought in his Nohrian King form in Chapter 27, in the throne room of Castle Krakenburg, not only getting to him is fairly difficult as the stage is large and full of dangers, but Garon himself is very tough as well, as he's equipped with the Bölverk axe, which not only can deal a ton of damage, but ''it has a 90% chance of hitting you, on top of a 10% of critting you, possibly killing your units in the process''. And if you manage to defeat him, he enters his [[OneWingedAngel Blight Dragon form]], who is also one of the very few bosses who can move in the ''entire series'', but only after he uses the four Dragon Veins he has. And while he's not as strong as in his human form, he still manages to be a tricky but amazing boss to beat. All of that coupled with [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9J0_RYhWMw one of the most epic themes in the game]].
** The ''Conquest'' final boss is [[spoiler:Double Anankos!Takumi]], [[and boy, ThatOneBoss he's one tough motherfucker,]] but it pays off by being inmensely satisfying as a fitting end for the hell that is the ''Conquest'' route (''especially'' on [[HarderThanHard Lunatic)]]. Unlike Garon, he's only fought in the ''Conquest'' Endgame as opposed to being fought in both it's Chapter 27 and Endgame like Garon, since the latter had already been defeated in the previous chapter. But still, after an incredibly aggravating (but epic) struggle to reach him, he reveals himself as an extremely tough boss as [[spoiler:he's basically paired with a clone of himself, with the Bold Stance that basically turns it into the ''Pair Up mechanic from Awakening''.]] All coupled with several skills that make him harder, when you finally beat him you'll likely cry of happiness as you've finally [[JustForPun conquered]] the NintendoHard hell that is ''Conquest''. [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVKrpiphCuo And it's all accompanied by a slightly different version of the previously mentioned theme.]]
** The ''Revelation'' final boss, which is also the TrueFinalBoss of ''Fates'' as a whole, puts the other two final bosses and even ''Grima'' to shame when it comes to spectacle. Like Garon, you fight [[spoiler:Anankos]] in two phases between Chapter 27 and the Endgame itself. The mask itself is rather tough, being equipped with the Dragonskin and Status Immunity along with some rather high stats, but after you defeat it, the real deal comes: [[spoiler:Anankos]] turns into [[OneWingedAngel his much larger Silent Dragon form,]] and the whole Endgame is centered about fighting [[spoiler:Anankos,]] which rivals ''Radiant Dawn'''s FinalBoss when it comes to complexity: you have to destroy his arms, then his head, and ''then'' his heart (the last of which is fought very similar to ''Awakening'''s Grima). All of them are quite tough, as they sport the same skills as the mask form, but on top of that they hit even harder and can even kill units easily. That, while the camera does some really epic pans to show [[spoiler:Anankos' attacks]] off. Coupled with Vallites swarming you constantly, the boss itself putting you on your toes and [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKOEvNOM4DI yet another version of the previously mentioned epic theme,]] making for an epic confrontation, if not as insanely hard as, say, the ''Conquest'' final boss.
13th Jul '16 1:56:56 PM TravisTouchdown
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* Most of ''{{VideoGame/Vindictus}}''[='=]s raid battles qualify to some extent or another, but the battle against Echulus is one that rivals the Elder Dragons from the Monster Hunter series. The target is a massive dragon with deadly wind and fire attacks, but what puts this battle on this list is the sheer scope of the battle. It's a 16-24 player fight, but often times most players won't be fighting directly, they'll be supporting each other with ALL the neat tricks available in that arena. The damage over time effect of Echulus's breath attacks doesn't expire on its own, it needs to be extinguished by dipping into water-filled trenches that need to be manually refilled, meaning some players will start a bucket train (like something out of an old-fashioned firefighter movie) just to keep the rest of the party alive. There are bunkers that provide cover from area of effect attacks, but they need to be built and manually repaired, and often look like military field hospitals as healers try to heal and resurrect their comrades while trying to keep the defenses up. There are large ballistas that can be manned to bring the dragon down to earth when it flies around dropping airstrike-like fireball attacks, but resources are few so when a crack shot manages to snipe him, it's cause for celebration. And to top it off, the fight takes place on some beautiful floating islands and has a beautiful orchestrated soundtrack. It's a wonderfully tense battle with lots of tactical options, and an absolute blast.

to:

* ''{{VideoGame/Vindictus}}'':
**
Most of ''{{VideoGame/Vindictus}}''[='=]s the raid battles qualify to some extent or another, but the battle against Echulus is one that rivals the Elder Dragons from the Monster Hunter series. The target is a massive dragon with deadly wind and fire attacks, but what puts this battle on this list is the sheer scope of the battle. It's a 16-24 player fight, but often times most players won't be fighting directly, they'll be supporting each other with ALL the neat tricks available in that arena. The damage over time effect of Echulus's breath attacks doesn't expire on its own, it needs to be extinguished by dipping into water-filled trenches that need to be manually refilled, meaning some players will start a bucket train (like something out of an old-fashioned firefighter movie) just to keep the rest of the party alive. There are bunkers that provide cover from area of effect attacks, but they need to be built and manually repaired, and often look like military field hospitals as healers try to heal and resurrect their comrades while trying to keep the defenses up. There are large ballistas that can be manned to bring the dragon down to earth when it flies around dropping airstrike-like fireball attacks, but resources are few so when a crack shot manages to snipe him, it's cause for celebration. And to top it off, the fight takes place on some beautiful floating islands and has a beautiful orchestrated soundtrack. It's a wonderfully tense battle with lots of tactical options, and an absolute blast.blast.
** The battle against Shining Shakarr makes for a very enjoyable DuelBoss in its own right, but what catapults it onto this page is that the game locks you into your normally extremely limited Transformation for the ''entire fight.'' Under normal circumstances, a full powered Paladin or Dark Knight Transformation only lasts for 70 seconds and can only be used once per real-world hour, but not here. This means the fight is a one-on-one duel, with you being able to cut loose and hold absolutely nothing back. Especially on higher difficulties, Shakarr's immense healthpool and potent attack power make him an opponent worthy of going all out. The fight even counts as a daily raid, with the rewards that entails.
10th Jul '16 4:04:15 PM contrafanxxx
Is there an issue? Send a Message

Added DiffLines:

** The FinalBattle with [[spoiler:Olivia Pierce as the Spider Mastermind. No longer the AntiClimaxBoss from the first game, she is extremely durable and loaded with different weapons, putting up far more of a fight]]. Special points go to the FinishingMove performed at the end of the fight: [[spoiler:shoving the BFG-9000 into her mouth and ''[[YourHeadAsplode blowing her entire head apart]]'']].
4th Jun '16 7:46:36 PM nombretomado
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* ''VideoGame/TheKingOfFighters 2002'' Unlimited Match has longtime series villain Rugal Bernstein as a hidden boss. Getting to him in itself is quite difficult. When you do get there, you'll know by the kickass cutscene showing Rugal emerging from his cybernetic coat, ready to crush every dream you ever had. Then the fight starts. The game's camera-panning-down-from-the-ceiling effect with [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbEqJIFvZ1A Unlimited R]] playing in time on his brand spankin' new Blacknoah stage (Which first appeared as an extra 3D stage in the PS2 port of the original, mind you) sets the mood to what is guaranteed to be a hell of a fight. You also can't continue against him, so give him hell before he gives it to you.

to:

* ''VideoGame/TheKingOfFighters 2002'' Unlimited Match has longtime series villain Rugal Bernstein as a hidden boss. Getting to him in itself is quite difficult. When you do get there, you'll know by the kickass cutscene showing Rugal emerging from his cybernetic coat, ready to crush every dream you ever had. Then the fight starts. The game's camera-panning-down-from-the-ceiling effect with [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbEqJIFvZ1A Unlimited R]] playing in time on his brand spankin' new Blacknoah stage (Which first appeared as an extra 3D stage in the PS2 [=PS2=] port of the original, mind you) sets the mood to what is guaranteed to be a hell of a fight. You also can't continue against him, so give him hell before he gives it to you.



** The [[Anime/TransformersArmada Armada]]-based game for the PS2 reminds you of just what "Robots in Disguise" really means in the Mid-Atlantic stage, when the aircraft carrier you've infiltrated [[ThatsNoMoon turns out to be Tidal Wave]].

to:

** The [[Anime/TransformersArmada Armada]]-based game for the PS2 [=PS2=] reminds you of just what "Robots in Disguise" really means in the Mid-Atlantic stage, when the aircraft carrier you've infiltrated [[ThatsNoMoon turns out to be Tidal Wave]].
30th May '16 8:33:51 AM TheOneWhoTropes
Is there an issue? Send a Message


** The [[TransformersArmada Armada]]-based game for the PS2 reminds you of just what "Robots in Disguise" really means in the Mid-Atlantic stage, when the aircraft carrier you've infiltrated [[ThatsNoMoon turns out to be Tidal Wave]].

to:

** The [[TransformersArmada [[Anime/TransformersArmada Armada]]-based game for the PS2 reminds you of just what "Robots in Disguise" really means in the Mid-Atlantic stage, when the aircraft carrier you've infiltrated [[ThatsNoMoon turns out to be Tidal Wave]].
26th May '16 4:35:05 PM mlsmithca
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* ''{{VideoGame/Vindictus}}'':
** Most of Vindictius's raid battles qualify to some extent or another, but the battle against Echulus is one that rivals the Elder Dragons from the Monster Hunter series. The target is a massive dragon with deadly wind and fire attacks, but what puts this battle on this list is the sheer scope of the battle. It's a 16-24 player fight, but often times most players won't be fighting directly, they'll be supporting each other with ALL the neat tricks available in that arena. The damage over time effect of Echulus's breath attacks doesn't expire on its own, it needs to be extinguished by dipping into water-filled trenches that need to be manually refilled, meaning some players will start a bucket train (like something out of an old-fashioned firefighter movie) just to keep the rest of the party alive. There are bunkers that provide cover from area of effect attacks, but they need to be built and manually repaired, and often look like military field hospitals as healers try to heal and resurrect their comrades while trying to keep the defenses up. There are large ballistas that can be manned to bring the dragon down to earth when it flies around dropping airstrike-like fireball attacks, but resources are few so when a crack shot manages to snipe him, it's cause for celebration. And to top it off, the fight takes place on some beautiful floating islands and has a beautiful orchestrated soundtrack. It's a wonderfully tense battle with lots of tactical options, and an absolute blast.

to:

* ''{{VideoGame/Vindictus}}'':
**
Most of Vindictius's ''{{VideoGame/Vindictus}}''[='=]s raid battles qualify to some extent or another, but the battle against Echulus is one that rivals the Elder Dragons from the Monster Hunter series. The target is a massive dragon with deadly wind and fire attacks, but what puts this battle on this list is the sheer scope of the battle. It's a 16-24 player fight, but often times most players won't be fighting directly, they'll be supporting each other with ALL the neat tricks available in that arena. The damage over time effect of Echulus's breath attacks doesn't expire on its own, it needs to be extinguished by dipping into water-filled trenches that need to be manually refilled, meaning some players will start a bucket train (like something out of an old-fashioned firefighter movie) just to keep the rest of the party alive. There are bunkers that provide cover from area of effect attacks, but they need to be built and manually repaired, and often look like military field hospitals as healers try to heal and resurrect their comrades while trying to keep the defenses up. There are large ballistas that can be manned to bring the dragon down to earth when it flies around dropping airstrike-like fireball attacks, but resources are few so when a crack shot manages to snipe him, it's cause for celebration. And to top it off, the fight takes place on some beautiful floating islands and has a beautiful orchestrated soundtrack. It's a wonderfully tense battle with lots of tactical options, and an absolute blast.
26th May '16 2:03:19 PM TravisTouchdown
Is there an issue? Send a Message

Added DiffLines:

* ''{{VideoGame/Vindictus}}'':
** Most of Vindictius's raid battles qualify to some extent or another, but the battle against Echulus is one that rivals the Elder Dragons from the Monster Hunter series. The target is a massive dragon with deadly wind and fire attacks, but what puts this battle on this list is the sheer scope of the battle. It's a 16-24 player fight, but often times most players won't be fighting directly, they'll be supporting each other with ALL the neat tricks available in that arena. The damage over time effect of Echulus's breath attacks doesn't expire on its own, it needs to be extinguished by dipping into water-filled trenches that need to be manually refilled, meaning some players will start a bucket train (like something out of an old-fashioned firefighter movie) just to keep the rest of the party alive. There are bunkers that provide cover from area of effect attacks, but they need to be built and manually repaired, and often look like military field hospitals as healers try to heal and resurrect their comrades while trying to keep the defenses up. There are large ballistas that can be manned to bring the dragon down to earth when it flies around dropping airstrike-like fireball attacks, but resources are few so when a crack shot manages to snipe him, it's cause for celebration. And to top it off, the fight takes place on some beautiful floating islands and has a beautiful orchestrated soundtrack. It's a wonderfully tense battle with lots of tactical options, and an absolute blast.
24th May '16 2:35:51 PM mlsmithca
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* In ''VideoGame/XenobladeChronicles'', finally completing the chapter-spanning, drug-busting sidequest that started all the way back in Satorl Marsh with 'Preventing Starvation', you at last get to fight the lynchpin behind all this: [[spoiler: Bana the Betrayer]], all the more surprising considering [[RidiculouslyCuteCritter what the race is normally like.]] The battle isn't necessarily flashy or anything although [[spoiler: Bana]] does fight you from the Bionis equivalent of a pterodactyl and hits ''hard''. 'Tragic Decision' plays rather than the typical boss music, hitting home the entire tragic nature of this quest.
** When the party reaches the control room of Mechonis, [[spoiler: Egil reveals he is now controlling Mechonis and you must fight him and his mech Yaldaboath.]] When he takes a certain amount of damage, he activates three Energy Devices. If these aren't destroyed before the bar runs out in 2 minutes, the Mechonis will inflict '''INFINITE DAMAGE''' on the Bionis, killing everyone on there and resulting in a definite Game Over. You will be ''desperate'' to bring down your foe to save the entire world. The emotions in this is truly wonderful as at the end of the battle, Shulk and [[spoiler: Egil]] are able to make peace and understand each other's point of view. Everything seems to work out at last. [[spoiler: But then Shulk gets shot by Dickson...]]]

to:

* In ''VideoGame/XenobladeChronicles'', finally ''VideoGame/XenobladeChronicles'':
** Finally
completing the chapter-spanning, drug-busting sidequest that started all the way back in Satorl Marsh with 'Preventing Starvation', you at last get to fight the lynchpin behind all this: [[spoiler: Bana the Betrayer]], all the more surprising considering [[RidiculouslyCuteCritter what the race is normally like.]] The battle isn't necessarily flashy or anything although [[spoiler: Bana]] does fight you from the Bionis equivalent of a pterodactyl and hits ''hard''. 'Tragic Decision' plays rather than the typical boss music, hitting home the entire tragic nature of this quest.
** When the party reaches the control room of Mechonis, [[spoiler: Egil reveals he is now controlling Mechonis and you must fight him and his mech Yaldaboath.]] When he takes a certain amount of damage, he activates three Energy Devices. If these aren't destroyed before the bar runs out in 2 minutes, the Mechonis will inflict '''INFINITE DAMAGE''' '''infinite damage''' on the Bionis, killing everyone on there and resulting in a definite Game Over. You will be ''desperate'' to bring down your foe to save the entire world. The emotions in this is truly wonderful as at the end of the battle, Shulk and [[spoiler: Egil]] are able to make peace and understand each other's point of view. Everything seems to work out at last. [[spoiler: But then Shulk gets shot by Dickson...]]]
This list shows the last 10 events of 333. Show all.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/article_history.php?article=AwesomeBosses.OtherGames