Reviews: Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger
Excellent, but only if you're interested.
Dekaranger is considered a fan-favorite sentai of the 2000's, rivaled by Gekiranger (already made a review), Shinkenger (getting to that), and Boukenger (sadly far from finishing it), but let's see if it's worth it:
- Main Characters: The main characters are well-develloped, almost each episode is about how each ranger will handle a criminal, and expends their likings, dislikings, fears and stuff, and I am pleased to say i like every main character in this sentai.
- Fight Scenes: To my dissapointment, they are not incredible, but hopefully, the excellent writing can get away with that, and Dekamaster's swordmanship along with the Swat mode makes up for it.
- Designs: I think the numbers taking half of the costume look way too silly, but the SWAT mode is an awesome-looking power-up, and has a long gun. That also goes for the robots, which are also lackluster despite the dekabase robot being freaking HUGE.
- Overall Plot: Unlike most sentai, few are actually important to the overall plot, only introducing new characters, robots or power-ups.
- Bad guys: that is unfortunately the other edge of the "a criminal a week" forumula: only the Big bad is relevent, and they are mostly just "Prisonner N°23" (though some of them are really interesting, and I recommand episode 18 and 34), and even the big bad is just here for PROFIT!!