YMMV: Saint Seiya Abridged
- Crowning Moment of Funny: Many of them:
Seiya: No way I am gonna get killed by someone with the same name than a chocolate bar!
- Ailolia's episode opens on the Circle of Life. And ends on "The Lion Sleeps Tonight".
- Then Seiya delivers this pearl while fighting him:
Aiolia: It's pointless to lie, Great Pope, I know everything!Great Pope: Oh, really? How about the capital of Colombia?Aiolia: Bogota!Great Pope: Oh my God, it's true! He does know everything!
- Aiolia confronting the Great Pope:
Shiryu: Really? His brother the Lion must not like you much.Shura: Oh, after all that time, he probably let that go...Aiolia (screaming from his own house): I WILL HAVE YOUR SKIN, YOU SON OF A BITCH!
- When Shiryu meets Shura, the latter reveals he was the one who killed Aioros years ago.
Yes Yes Yes! Finally! After so much effort - and Silver Saints wasted - the five Bronze Saints are defeated, lulu! The Phoenix, atomized! The Dragon, powered! The Swan, frozen! Andromeda, lying near another man! Hehe, that's weird! And finally Pegasus, that damned Pegasus! Awaiting death in a poisoned field of roses! Mouh ah ah! It's done! Over! Kaput! Coupe! We care! The Sanctuary is mine: I won!
- Pretty much every time the Great Pope is onscreen.
- Hilarious in Hindsight : The abridged series' opening is Black Sabbath 's "Neon Knights". The 2014 CGI movie, Saint Seiya Legend Of Sanctuary, redesigned the armors, notably adding glowing Tron Lines. So, yeah, Seiya and co. really are Neon Knights now.
- This is even funnier in the Movie's abrieged version they made. Seiya's transformation has "Neon Knights" on the background and it suits perfectly.
- One-Scene Wonder: Ikki only had one real scene for himself so far, and he was hysterical. Shaka helped too. Subverted later, when he shows up to help Seiya against The Pope Saga.