- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: "There she is... with her daughter..."
- Ensemble Darkhorse: The captain, Sean Bean. Partially because he was Playing Against Type.
- Specially because he doesn't die.
- Idiot Plot: The bad guy's plan suffers an extreme case of Complexity Addiction and would have fallen apart if the adults only listened to the children who claimed to have seen Julia.
- Worse still, with a dozen persons literally around them, none of them admit to seeing the child, until another child does near the end.
- Money, Dear Boy It's revealed late on in the film that Air Marshal Gene Carson planned on hijacking the plane, framing Kyle as the scapegoat, and blowing up Julia simply because he wants $50 million. A quote he says to Kyle who still has no idea what is going on implies the first thing he will probably do is take a vacation
Carson: You have no idea how happy I'm going to be to end this case.
- So Okay, It's Average
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: For the most of the film is an interesting Mind Screw; struggling to comprehend what's going on as it becomes more and more evident that there might never have been a daughter. It would have made a clever reveal but instead it turns out to be a over-complicated terrorism scheme and that ends with Kyle saving the day, finding her daughter Julia, and walking dramatically off screen as the plane explodes and the other passengers clap for her. In other words, completely generic.