- Crowning Music of Awesome: Both the US soundtrack and the Japanese soundtracks. Such as "Dark Clouds" from the Japanese soundtrack.
- However, the US soundtrack is a Love It or Hate It- while some love it for the techno, many veterans despise it to the core.
- Demonic Spiders: The laser-shooting ships◊ in stages 3 (who reappear again in later levels). Your shield is unable to block their devastating lasers, which will more often than not cost you a life or two.
- Love It or Hate It: The US version's soundtrack is either a cool, heart-pumping techno, or a piece of garbage compared to the Japanese version. No exceptions.
- Many people who hate it state that the US soundtrack is a complete Soundtrack Dissonance, given the dark nature of the game and graphics.
- That One Boss: The miniboss of stage 3 takes a very long time to die without the laser. And the final boss also counts, it starts flooding the screen with lots of Hyper Destructive Bouncing Balls, making it a pain to avoid.