Western Animation: The Caribou Kitchen
A fairly obscure British kids' cartoon that ran on CITV for about three seasons (1995-1998). It revolved around Claudia the caribou, who owned the cafe and dealt with problems from her staff and customers. Other characters inluded Tom the Tortoise and Lisa the Lemur, waiters of different speeds, chef Abe the Anteater, carpenter Kevin the Chameleon and customers like Taffy the Tiger. It was produced by Maddox Animation and all the voices were done by Kate Robbins.
Caribou Kitchen contains examples of:
- Alliterative Name: All the characters have these.
- Animal Stereotypes
- Aside Glance: The characters would sometimes do these as the narrator said the final words of the episode
- British Accent: A different one for almost every character.
- Carnivore Confusion: Taffy the Tiger
- Cross-Dressing Voices: Kate Robbins voicing the male characters.
- Everything's Nuttier With Squirrels: Cyril Squirrel
- Half-Dressed Cartoon Animal
- Keep Circulating the Tapes
- Local Hangout
- Limited Animation: And how.
- Motor Mouth: Lisa the Lemur
- Species Surname
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristics
- The Narrator
- The One Who Wears Shoes: Claudia
- Trademark Favorite Food: All the animals have one, the most noticeable probably being Abe and his ants.
- Turtle Power: Tom the Tortoise
- Visible Invisibility: When Kevin Chameleon becomes invisible, the audience still see his outline.