Hello and Welcome to the Page of Wooboo, make yourself at home. Finally got around to doing this page!
I am a 26-year-old from Upstate New York, with Asperger's Syndrome
. I have been editing since sometime in the past year, and I have been making regular contributions to the site. I am most active in the Video Games page. I have yet to contribute any trope pages, (I had one I tried to contribute, but I became distracted by IRL issues so I could not finish it) but I do edit. I am by no means a professional editor, and am largely self-taught in terms of grammar and spelling, as well as wiki editing by large. My connection is rather spotty and I tend to do work around the home, which does distract me and can also affect the quality of my pages, though not all of the blame lies on that.
I have done some (amateurish) edits on wikis in the past, some might even still be surviving today! I am learning as I go along on this one, and it has been a somewhat rough process. I do not seek any fame or notoriety, and only want to make the site a better and hopefully, more entertaining place.
What attracted me to this site was the rather relaxed atmosphere here. I always found it ironic that Wikipedia claimed to try and be better than the Britanica Scholars writing the encyclopedias, but as of late, you need the qualifications of such to write on it. TV Tropes
being more freeform makes editing here a really enjoyable hobby of mine. Can't say for sure how it got started, just developed after I found the site and got a burning desire to edit some of it.
So yeah, as you can tell, I also get a bit self-depreciating. But, I think I do well enough.
Anyway, I hope I haven't made your job/hobby on this site any more difficult. : )
This Troper provides examples of:
- Ace Pilot: I'm not one in real life, but in video games I am typically considered a good pilot. Some of my favorite games are Secret Weapons Over Normandy, Ace Combat 4, 5 and Zero and I even liked HAWX and Blazing Angels. I also did a lot of flying in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and Grand Theft Auto IV, the former I beat the flying school for my little brother in. Aren't I sweet?
- Black Comedy: I can laugh at a lot of things, something which I think I can thank my mom for.
- Cannot Talk to Women: How do you do, my name is Wooboo—oh, I see you have breasts. I mean, of course you do. I wasn't looking or anything--...Shit.
- Deadpan Snarker: Or an amicable attempt at one, anyway.
- Department of Redundancy Department: One of my issues when it comes to writing.
- E = MC Hammer / Writers Cannot Do Math: Math is admittedly one of my worst subjects. I confess to often having a hard time even doing the basics, but I still try.
- First-Person Shooter: I would say this is my third favorite genre of games, behind flight sims and stealth games.
- Gun Nut: I have a huge interest in firearms, primarily for their historical and mechanical aspects. I personally find my favorite gun making era to be between the years 1870 and 1945. A rather large area, but still. I also enjoy the newer stuff, of course.
- High Hopes, Zero Talent: My biggest fear with...well, anything, really. Including editing on this site.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: I can often be rude and short tempered. I also love animals, including insects, buy gifts for people I barely know and donate to charities whenever I can.
- Large Ham: Sometimes I slip into this mode. It can just happen, come right out of NOWHERE, TO STRIKE ME DOWN WHEN I LEAST EXPECT IT! MY NATURE HATH BETRAYED ME, YET AGAIN!
- Let's Play: Something I love following. My current favorites are Mangaminx, Two Best Friends Play, 666theheartless666, ldshadowlady and Jessie Cox. Someday, I hope to be one myself.
- No Indoor Voice: Sometimes I slip into this, thanks to my stepdad, who never has one.
- Rouge Angles of Satin: My BIGGEST issue when it comes to writing. Like I said, I am largely self-taught when it comes to writing. Spelling I do alright in, but grammar I am terrible at.
- Somewhere, a Paleontologist Is Crying: When I was about 14, I stopped liking dinosaurs. When I was 24, I started liking them again. I felt like I had walked into a modern nightclub dressed like I walked off the set of Saturday Night Fever. I hear that's still fashionable in some countries though.
- Stealth-Based Game: Undoubtedly one of my favorite genres. I almost equate them to being like a Puzzle Game with more bloodshed. I swear I am not a psychopath. My favorite series' are: Hitman, Metal Gear and Splinter Cell.
- Walking Techbane: I seem to just have the computer version of Animals Hate Him. I have screwed up computers and computer programs in ways not even the creators know how to fix, or even knew were possible. And I want to become a computer programmer.God help me.