A fellow gentleman coming from the flat land of Belgium.
Describing himself as "A stupid fanboy with a head full of projects"
, Talden is a young nerd
who dabbles in a lot of different subjects. While he has some limited drawing abilities, went to an animation school, and aspire to be a video editor one day, what he likes the most is creating stories and characters. Which probably explains why, after making first contact with TV Tropes in 2008, never left it and keeps consulting it after every work of fiction he sees
Originally French-speaker, he had very limited education in English before he found a video from That Guy with the Glasses
. Seeing that he could understand spoken English, he kept watching three to five videos a day for several years, and now possess enough vocabulary to be somewhat fluent in the language. People are frequently amazed by that
Is a huge
fan of whatever Ankama produces, in any format available (video games, comic books, animated series, merchandising, ...). He has produced a small number of fan works related to them, the most recent being a comedy web show called Krosmaster Funnies
(a series a humorous scenes acted by miniatures from the eponymous board game). Other than that, he's also a frequent player of Tabletop RPG
, Board Games
and Collectible Card Game
, has a particular love for Western Animation
in general, and also does other geeky things like watching Doctor Who
, My Little Pony
, et cetera
He seems to possess an overactive brain, constantly spouting new ideas and stories as days goes by. This capacity is only matched by his legendary laziness, meaning only very few of his projects will see the light of day. He even started a series of vlogs detailing those unfinished projects
... only for that
to fall off the roof after a couple episodes
Has a Twitter
, though most of the time in French. His Youtube channel Chez Talden
is also mostly in French. So is his DeviantArt account
, not that it matters when you look at badly drawn pictures
Tropes that apply to Talden includes:
- Ascended Fanboy: Followed Ankama's works for years before visiting their office (twice!) and getting some recognition for his Krosmaster Funnies show.
- Awesome by Analysis: Thanks to TV Tropes, he can speak for hours about things he has not actually seen, just by reading synopsis and analysis of the work in question.
- He got significantly better at English after hundreds of hours watching reviewers on the Internet.
- Brilliant but Lazy: Has to maintain an agenda to keep track of every fan project he thought of, but has yet to realize any of it.
- Development Hell: He was considering to make a "Wakfu: the Abridged Series" since 2009 (when the first season wasn't even over), and first mentioned it in August of 2010. To this day, we haven't seen anything yet.
- Eloquent In My Native Tongue
- Everything's Better with Plushies: He possess quite a neat collection, most of them bought well after his twenties.
- Everything Sounds Sexier in French: Mais bien entendu. note
- Friend to All Animals and Children: To the point of being a superpower. Every cat, dog, unusual company animal or young child will end up best friend with him.
- Lurker: Will very infrequently post on any forums, but read them every day and is always on synch with the current topic.
- Nightmare Fetishist: He has spend so long on Imageboards looking at weird porn that he started to enjoy it, and actually find most of them hilarious.
- He also reads Franken Fran with glee.
- Subverted, however, as he can't stand horror movies at all.
- One of Us: Well, duh.
- Superpower Lottery: Has probably lost it, since all he got was Super Frienship (see before), and a surprising ability to know when a new video from Le Joueur du Grenier has been posted.
Any contribution is welcome to enlighten Talden about himself. Really, go ahead.
Go ahead, do your worst.
VERY WELL. You are a ...silly person
. -Evi I Paladin
You will see the definition of defeat once the spamer-robot sneaks into your basement. Oh, wait you don't have a basement. Or you do. ARERG! -T 448 Eight