I'm a Contributor and I love lots of things. I love Anime/Manga and anything that captures my interest. I'm a writer and a critic, reviewing stuff now and then on my blog.
Please note that I'm addressing a lot of franchises
Scores are only addressed to those that are finished works.
Scores: A+ (a "if you want"), A, A- ~ B+, B, B- ~ C+, C, C- ~ D+, D, D- ~ F+, F, F- ~ N ~ N/A
open/close all folders
What Consists In My Stories/Author Appeal
Tropes I Refuse to Put to Use In Stories/Pet Peeves
- Death Is Cheap - I really dislike it when people comes back easily from the dead as if there's no big deal. I'll understand it if it was a Disney Death. There are such things in real life, but really those come as a close call.
- Everyone Lives and Nobody Can Die - Unless it doesn't any tragedy or a lighthearted story, then it is this.
- Harem - I dislike for many, many reasons. School Days pretty much sums up what's wrong with harems. I don't dislike the genre; it's just irritating for multiple girls (and guys) being in love with just one guy
- Single-Target Sexuality - It's alright to have a silly crush and have reciprocated love, but to this level, it's not healthy!!! It might be a sign of being deeply in love and demisexuality with someone but...really... there is such a thing called Unrequited Love and circumstances that might lead to nowhere when it comes to that couple
What I Love
Live Action Television
- Ho Yay - and Les Yay. I acknowledge what the fangirls say, even though I might not see it.
What I Dislike
- Mary Russell - I hate this girl so much for being such a Mary Sue, for marrying Holmes even though he's perfectly happy with Watson out in the countryside, for just being bloody selfish. And I don't hate people easily and the word is too strong for my tastes. F-
- The Twilight Saga - It's not a 'saga'. It's bland but So Bad, It's Good level. I barely read past the first page until I forced myself to and I'm a huge Bookworm who would read any book you give me. I do not hate it; I just dislike it. F+/D-
Live Action Television
- Ride To Hell Retribution - This is just a horrible game, everything about it and like Angry Joe said "It offers nothing to anybody!". They try to be realistic about it... Only Grand Theft Auto and other games can do better. They are making a satire but this is just utter ridiculousness. They are trying so hard to make it so Badass but it fails on ALL levels. They fall on so many stereotypes and I'm so horrified by its ruthless murders and just making all women lustful and beautiful. It certainly doesn't help that there's no characterization and sense of story structure. Everything came out of who-knows-where!
Works I Deem Mediocre or Average or Shrugs Off
- Family Guy - Despite the horrendous nature of the show... D-
- When I started to watch Code Geass and finished episode 2, I couldn't watch the show for months after Clovis' death. I have a thing against slaughtering family. I know the extremes anime will go and I know that this show is seinen. Unlike Black Lagoon and even Neon Genesis Evangelion in which I got over in just a few weeks; Code Geass took over several months until I continue with the third episode. At least, Lelouch shows remorse unlike Light who may or may not show remorse for his father's death.
- I only watched Sword Art Online because one of my friends' brother obsessively clung to a figurine he brought and won't let anyone see nor touch it. I just wanted to know what's so great about Asuna...
- I began my love/hate relationship with Pixar since the release of Toy Story 3. I just can't take it anymore when people described it as a great example of morality... Are you FUCKING kidding me?!?! In my opinion, the film is satisfactory but it could have been done better. It was NEVER great in my opinion. I grew up with Pixar and Toy Story 2 is still my favorite Pixar sequel; I never said that I hate them. I just dislike how people tried to force me to share their opinion which doesn't help when I am actually trying to watch the film and judge it on its own merits and not because it's just Pixar.
- I never noticed this but I usually love something if I went in blind; Sherlock, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Fullmetal Alchemist... Really, I didn't know anything relating to some of these examples before watching it beyond its superficial surface.