Call me Tragedy. Or ET. Or Electra. ...Yeah, I don't know either. Check out my troper wall maybe? I live in the USA (Midwest to be more precise, the seventh circle of hell weather-wise to be more precise), and freshman in college. I consider myself a writer though as of now I'm unpublished. You will find me mostly on the Writer's Block section of the forums, Sometimes Yack Fest. Here is my art Commission info Ask for my tumblr and Skype, if you so wish.
- I'm a Christian and I'm open to new ideas/viewpoints.
- I have anxiety disorder and I take meds for it. You can find me giving advice in terms of dealing with anxiety and panic attacks.
- I'm a writer who tends to use my free time by daydreaming different plots and characters. I also suffer from too many ideas syndrome. This causes me to combine, throw-out, or rethink many ideas as I move on to new ideas. I also tend to have at least 3 ideas to work on.
- I want to be a screenwriter for movies and TV (literature writing isn't out of the equation, though).
- I also do art.
- I will enjoy anything that falls into "large cast with conflicting goals that involve high stakes". I also like good action films. Hell, I just like seeing how characters get out of sticky situations, and figuring out how to solve problems or mysteries. The more beautifully convoluted and dramatic, the better. I mostly like science fiction, film noir (or neo-noir), and historical fiction.
- A gender-nonconforming girl and I'm hella straight.
- I've never dated anyone. :P I would like to...
- Alternate Midcentury Earth: It's Raygun Gothic crossed with some Cyber Punk elements, add some MegaCorporations, some After the End, Scavenger World, and people with Mind over Matter abilities. All under Film Noir aesthetics set in with The '50s. It's weird.
- Kommissar: A German man orphaned at 8 years old, and grew up in abject poverty. He works as a contract killer, mostly taking jobs from corporate people. He's ruthless, cold, and intelligent. He's also got permanent burn scars on the right side of his face.
- Vermeer: A constructed world that mixes science with magic. There's some Diesel Punk aesthetic and technology. There's also sentient robots, Eldritch Abominations, dark magic cults, air ships, samurai-like warriors, and... Knock-off Nazis.
Notable Favorite Works
- Apocalypse Now
- Citizen Kane
- Die Hard
- Escape from New York
- The Fifth Element
- Indiana Jones franchise
- Mad Max: Fury Road
- Pacific Rim
- The Producers (original movie)
- Remember the Titans
- Star Wars
- Taxi Driver
- Terminator and Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- The Usual Suspects
- Young Frankenstein
- Billy Idol
- The Clash
- Daft Punk
- David Bowie — RIP
- Duran Duran
- Franz Ferdinand
- Phil Collins
- Pet Shop Boys
- The Protomen
- Simple Minds
- Sigue Sigue Sputnik
- Talking Heads
- House of Cards (US)
- Miami Vice
- Peaky Blinders
- Star Trek: The Original Series
- Stranger Things
- True Detective (Season 1 only)
- The Walking Dead
- The X-Files
Books and Comics:
ET in meatspace shows:
- Attention Deficit Creator Disorder: I take in any plot bunny I get. I have a lot of projects at the moment.
- Berserk Button: Repeating myself. Some people I have lee-way with, but a lot of times you could've heard me well and fine.
- Birthmark of Destiny: Possibly, since it's on the forehead.
- Brainy Brunette: I get mainly A's in school, and I'm a brunette.
- Hates Being Alone: Although I'm an introvert, this is my greatest fear.
- Hates Small Talk: I really don't know how to reply to small talk.
- The Quiet One: Subverted. I will talk endlessly and open up if you mention something I like or is open-minded and friendly.
- The Perfectionist: Everything has to be right the first time. I also HAVE to be prepared to make it perfect the first time. I hate this side of me so much. It's caused me so much grief but I can't change it.
- Neutral Good: I want to do good in the world, and I'm aware some laws can hurt.
Tropes ET likes and are commonly found in her works:
- A Father to His Men
- Badass and Child Duo
- Badass Longcoat
- Battle Couple
- Because I'm Good at It: Usually the meaning behind characters who have questionable jobs.
- Bounty Hunter
- The Chessmaster
- Corrupt Corporate Executive
- Coat, Hat, Mask
- Dark and Troubled Past: Characters have this because of the dark settings.
- Earn Your Happy Ending
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones
- The Faceless
- Fantasy Americana
- Grey and Gray Morality, also Black and Gray Morality for pretty dark gray villains.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Knowledge Broker
- La Résistance: Fairly common in my stories.
- Papa Wolf
- Magnificent Bastard
- Mysterious Mercenary Pursuer
- Tranquil Fury
- Vigilante Man
Tropes I Dislike A LOT
To Do TV Tropes Pages
Launched: Sigue Sigue Sputnik Next: Music/Generation X