Cloudflier, known to friends as Richard, enjoys wasting his life away here on TV Tropes. Known for his kindness, snarky remarks, bursts of randomness, and general stubborness, he often finds himself getting into unusual situations. His eccentric behavior seperates him from the social norm, something he takes pride in. His steadfast heart of gold tends to be the cause of much conflict between him and those who disagree with his morals. Despite his tendency to clash with others, he is found by many to be quite lovable.
He enjoys spending his time reading Star Wars books, playing videogames, surfing TV Tropes, Role Playing, writing stories, and helping others. While his writing skills are severely lacking, his ideas have great potential, according to his friends.
He has a forum called Chaos Storm X
that tends to go dead every other day.
Some of his friends are:
Tropes Involving This Troper
open/close all folders
Tropes That Apply to This Troper
- A Friend in Need: Richard is fiercely loyal. This sets him up quite a bit for getting backstabbed. The upside of this is that helping people in need is usually what is required for pulling him out of his frequent depressions. If the person he helps is a friend, the time until the next depression hits is usually a lot better.
- All Abusers Are Male: It was never the women that picked on him.
- Averted in his highschool years; his closest friends are female, and they can be quite violent at times.
- Belief Makes You Stupid: He gets a lot of grief from others for being a Christian. He endures it while making sure he doesn't fall into this trope.
- Blessed with Suck: Most men would love getting attention from girls. Richard does not. It makes him feel uncomfortable. This may partially be due to having autism.
- Butt Monkey: Oh so very much.
- Cannot Spit It Out: It took him a good several minutes before he was able to tell Julianne how he felt about her.
- Chaotic Good: Richard does what he feels is right, regardless of what others may think. This includes any governing power.
- Chaste Hero: He's pretty oblivious to how some girls feel about him. He's begun to catch on, although he still can be pretty blind in that area.
- Chick Magnet: Much to his despair.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: He loves helping others, often at personal costs to himself. The thing is that while Chronic Hero Syndrome drains him dry, it also seems to be what fuels him.
- The Complainer Is Always Wrong: No one likes people who stray from the norm. Richard is one who excels at contradicting what's normal. Although he does tend to annoy people when he complains a bit too much, which is a fault of his. He's acknowledged it and is trying to overcome it.
- Covert Pervert: A bit of an unusual example. He doesn't hide the fact he sometimes thinks about perverted things, but he usually doesn't share said thoughts. When he does, the reactions can be quite humorous.
- Creator Breakdown: Richard had a few of these when some of his friends kept bashing on certain aspects of his work. He recovered from all of them though.
- Deadpan Snarker: Considering his parents' personalities, he was doomed to become one.
- Deconfirmed Bachelor: Describes Richard quite well. He still denies it though for a number of reasons.
- Despair Event Horizon: His breakup with Julianne left him desolated.
- Determinator: He takes a lot of crap in his everyday life, sometimes to the point of emotional breakdown. Even at his worst though, he just doesn't stay down. Even after his Despair Event Horizon left him empty and broken, he continues to keep pushing on.
- Everyone Can See It: Spoken about Richard and Julianne. Naturally, Richard and Julianne were the last to see it.
- False Friend: Always the victim, Richard has been backstabbed time and time again.
- Four-Man Band: Richard's Ragtag Bunch of Misfits is one of these.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: He puts himself down a lot. He measures himself with a higher set of standards than he does with everyone else. Truth in Television indeed.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: This was Richard during his childhood and early adolescent years.
- Kids Are Cruel: Richard was picked on quite often.
- Launcher of a Thousand Ships: Rumors go around his school occasionally about him going out with different girls, despite the fact he's been single his entire life. His friends also tease him regularly about potential relationships.
- Loners Are Freaks: Richard is a victim of this too.
- Love Redeems: Not a classical example, but Julianne's love for Richard has pulled him out of his chronic depression as well as readying him to fix his past mistakes. Subverted when the relationship ended. Julianne still cares deeply about him, but none of her (or anyone else's) attempts to comfort him have had any effect.
- Miles to Go Before I Sleep: His take on life was this before he met Julianne. After their relationship reverted to just friends, he returned to this point of view.
- Mistaken for Gay: Some people view Richard's avoidence of relationships with girls to be a sign of homosexuality. He's actually just a combination of shy and uncertain of the girls' true intentions. He wishes to avoid getting burned because he trusted someone he shouldn't have.
- No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: He struggles with this trope. He's accepted it as a part of life, but he doesn't enjoy it.
- Noodle Incident: An incident that occured on Richard and Julianne's first date.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: He does this for the lolz.
- Only Sane Man: Richard falls into this at times. Sometimes this isn't the case though.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: Richard belongs to one of these.
- Too Much Friggin Information: He does this all the time. ALL THE TIME.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Sometimes played for the lolz.
Tropes That Others Apply to This Troper