What, you expected a clear picture?
Hi everyone, welcome to my page. Feel free to update/fix/add stuff here as long as you don't vandalize.
I spend most of my time at uni or work, reading manga, watching anime, playing video games and/or working on my current game project, which will be titled The Turtle Who Had Wings
Runs a blog named "I Am Only Myself
Burnpsy And His Life Provide Examples Of The Following Tropes:
- Afraid of Needles
- Always in Class One: Both inverted and played straight. Typically depends on whether the school uses a separate numbering system for the enhanced classes or not. If they even separate them.
- Asexuality: Post-disillusionment.
- Asleep in Class: Happened twice.
- Beware the Silly Ones
- Bilingual Bonus: See the "Meaningful Name" entry below.
- Black and Nerdy
- Broken Base: Everything about him gets reactions all across the spectrum.
- But Not Too Foreign/Token Minority: He holds at least 5 different ethnicities, most of which are minorities.
- Can Not Spit It Out: The one time a girl he liked liked him back, neither one would admit it. It was obvious to everyone, though.
- Chick Magnet: Though always not the ones he wants. In fact, it's almost always the exact opposite ones. Your Mileage May Vary on whether or not he counts.
- Childhood Friend Romance: Subverted. It looked like this was being set up with April at one point, but constantly moving kind of prevents people from keeping a connection before instant messaging became mainstream.
- Child Prodigy → Brilliant, but Lazy/Class Clown → Brilliant, but Lazy: Having to repeat years of school because of your age does that to you. Note that he was once identified as being in the top 1% of his grade in the nation.
- Critical Backlash
- Crowning Moment of Funny: He's gotten teachers in the middle of their lectures to say stuff like "What do you mean 9000?" and "No, not because they are 'n00bs' and they're easy to 'pwn'."
- In addition, he and his friends got the youngest person in their group to continuously ask what porn is, asking more than once because he doesn't understand why it exists.
- His presentations in high school were all this.
- Dandere: But only in real life. Obviously, that wouldn't work too well online.
- Deceptively Silly Title/Double Meaning Title: Turtles all the Way: A Shell Game was written specifically to be meaningful while sounding like something completely different. That tile is actually meant to talk about infinite regress and scamming, but as it is, it simply sounds like it's a game about an awesome turtle. That said, it is about an awesome turtle, so... yeah.
- Don't Make Jokes About Explaining the Joke: No Limit's main problem with the jokes in the original The Turtle Who Had Wings script. Though overruled by the majority, most of the offending content would not fit within the new script anyway.
- Five-Man Band: In high school.
- The Hero: This was his indisputable position.
- Fragile Flower: Gender Inverted
- Giving Someone the Pointer Finger
- Graduate from the Story
- Handshake Substitute: The final time he sees Hashim, they greet each other by doing a spontaneous Bro Fist-handshake combo on the spot.
- Sadly, he sucks at figuring out when someone is offering him a Bro Fist. This tends to get awkward.
- Hanlon's Razor
- Heroic Self-Deprecation/Take That Me: Perpetually, though kept in his head.
- It's Pronounced Tro-PAY /Spell My Name with a Y
- Leitmotif: His theme song.
- Limited Wardrobe: One notable high school classmate had 5 of the same shirt and therefore always wore one to school.
- Meaningful Name: Every single one of his Real Life names has a meaning or good reason to be there. Most notably, his surname is in two different languages, yet translates together into "Kings take the best care of me."
- Most Annoying Sound: One girl spammed the phrase "Anthony, I love you." every time she saw him until the end of high school.
- During first year in university, this was replaced with a different girl spamming "You go to my church!" in much the same fashion. After being confronted about it, she stopped several months later.
- And then someone started doing this on MSN, but it was a dude this time. It stopped after a while, though.
- Never Got to Say Goodbye: High school ended with a non-death version. Subverted by the graduation ceremony a few months later.
- N-Word Privileges
- No Indoor Voice: Happens a lot.
- Obstructive Bureaucrat/Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Apparently, being about 4-5 years younger than your classmates is valid reason to he held back a year, without even telling the student or the parents. This happened multiple times.
- My grade 10 English teacher. Let's just say using racism on me gets you reported to the authorities and overruled.
- Oral Fixation Fixation
- Otaku: Anime/Manga/Gaming variant.
- Overly Long Name: His name in Real Life is 6 names, 2 of which are hyphenated into one, in three languages, and is 43 characters long without counting the spaces.
- Pet Peeve Trope: anything regarding Discontinuity or Shipping.
- It should be noted, however, that the problem he has with shipping is with the attitudes shippers take and not the act itself.
- Police Are Useless: Averted, inverted and played straight.
- Pop-Culture Isolation: By choice.
- Rags to Riches: In the process of happening.
- Rattling Off Legal: Done in a hilariously joking fashion for a school assignment. The teacher then said that it wasn't realistic.
- Saying Sound Effects Out Loud
- Seventieth Place Is For Winners: It was a large Yu-Gi-Oh! tournament and he was using Morphtronics.
- Scary Black Man: Subverted. He merely gives off that impression before you talk to him, apparently.
- Sophisticated as Hell
- Skewed Priorities
- Spoiler Hound
- Stylistic Suck: See the Leitmotif entry above.
- Title Drop: This blog post.
- Tough Room
Pages Launched By Burnpsy: