My name is Ashlyn Nyx, and I am a Troper from Oregon, USA. I am an aspiring actress/musician, former choir girl, and currently learning how to play guitar.
Two of my favorite things in the world are music and movies, thus my planned professions. My favorite bands include Pink Floyd
, The Who
, The Sisters Of Mercy
, and many others. I love Audrey Hepburn
, and I'm saddened by the fact she is dead. If you need any pointless trivia for a conversation, you can always talk to me.
People tell me I look like Merida from Brave
and Magenta from The Rocky Horror Picture Show
. I agree.
I can usually be found in the forums, though sometimes I'll be absent for a month or so for random reasons.
Tropes that apply to Ashlyn Nyx:
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: At one point in my life my hair was pretty much golden blonde, but it started getting darker as I got older. Then I started dying it red, and when the natural color does show, it's noticeably darker than it used to be.
- Book Dumb: I can't do math or science to save my life, but I'm quite good with history and I love reading (Hell, there have been times when I didn't even need to study for a history test).
- Daddy's Girl: Damn straight.
- Deadpan Snarker: I have my moments.
- Dye Hard: I'm a natural blonde, yet I've been dying my hair red for about two years now (Almost made it black back in December, but that's another story).
- '80s Hair: Sometimes, I have a small case of it.
- Five-Man Band: My family, while is doesn't perfectly match the model for the trope, does have five people in it.
- The Leader: My dad; the family patriarch, goofy but mostly serious.
- The Lancer: My oldest brother, crossed with the smart guy. Only Sane Man (So he believes)
- The Big Guy: My second oldest brother, mostly because he was the one that did the most sports when we were kids.
- The Chick: My mother; tries to keep everything and everyone together in one piece.
- Tagalong Kid: Myself. Being the youngest kid will do that.
- Team Pet: Panther the cat, and the late Airbud the dog (Yes she was named after the [[Airbud film]]) and L the hamster (No she was not named after that L).
- Feminine Women Can Cook: I bake as a hobby, though I'm not really that girly.
- Fiery Redhead: For the past two years.
- Friend to All Children: Invoked. I think you should be nice to children at all times. Well, unless they're being a spoiled brat.
- Older Than They Look: I am legally an adult. Thing is I've barely aged since middle school, so I get mistaken for at least a fourteen year old (The fact that I'm only five foot doesn't help). One notable instance was around my high school graduation, a somewhat distant relative asked my grandmother if I was graduation from middle school.
- Perky Goth: Took me awhile to come to the conclusion, but I have ''finally' embraced it.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: That, or a Crazy Cat Lady.
- Quirky Curls: And proud.
- Woman in Black: How I dress in real life