- Awesome Music: Ads frequently used the unrelated song "Sledgehammer" by British pop musician Peter Gabriel, which was released the same year as this series began.
- Don't forget the actual theme song, provided by none other than Danny Elfman.
- Executive Meddling: Early episodes had a Laugh Track added by the studio because the executives felt the show was too violent without it. It was removed from the DVD release.
- Screwed by the Network: Discussed in the main article. Amusingly, despite all the screwing, ABC ended up commissioning another show from New World Pictures, The Wonder Years.
- You Look Familiar: Mark Blankfield played three different characters in three different episodes — a professor, a henchman, and the leader of a devil-worshipping cult.