- The very end: Elvis dies after successfully killing the mummy.
- JFK does as well, just a bit earlier.
- This troper found the beginning MUCH sadder.
- To explain: Elvis wakes up, ponders how he got in such a shithole in the first place, and then his roomate dies right in front of him. He sits back as if to say both "Shit, not another one'" and "When is it gonna be my turn?"
- After Elvis' roommate dies, the roommate's daughter who hadn't come to visit her father since dropping him off at the facility goes through his old things and then tosses his old pictures and Purple Heart in the trash. When questioned, all she can give Elvis is excuses about being busy and he would have been in a ditch if not the rest home.
"You coulda come and seen him. They don't charge you for that."
- A meta-example: the nursing home where the movie was filmed was destroyed by arsonists.