Recap: Thomas The Tank Engine S 6 E 22 Thomas The Jet Engine
U.S. Title: Thomas and the Jet EngineAir date: October 5th, 2002
Gordon is boasting about how fast he can go, when Thomas is given the job of delivering a jet engine to Dryaw. Thomas now wishes he could go faster than Gordon.Thomas is very excited when he arrives at the docks and is soon ready to leave, but Cranky is taking his time. Thomas tells him to hurry up and Cranky gets cross because he does not like to be told what to do by an engine. Suddenly, Cranky carelessly turns the jet engine on with his hook. The jet engine is soon rocketing Thomas along the track. Thomas' driver tries to apply the brakes, but Thomas can not stop.Signals are changed and points are switched for the runaway Thomas. Thomas is very excited and soon flies by James, Henry, and Percy, who were all very amazed. When Bertie sees Thomas, he asks Thomas to have a race, but when Thomas whooshes past him, he quickly changes his mind. Gordon, who is pulling the express, does not know Thomas is racing on the main line. Soon Thomas whooshes past Gordon, who is very surprised.At last the jet engine runs out of fuel and Thomas is back to his normal speed. Thomas steams gently into Knapford and teases Gordon by saying he is the fastest engine. Henry and James agree, Percy feels sorry for Gordon and tells him that he does not have to go as fast as a jet engine even though James says that Gordon is full of hot air. Gordon fumes away.
Tropes featured in the episode:
- Public Domain Soundtrack: "William Tell Overture" plays throughout the majority of the episode.
- Runaway Train: A rather fast train.
- Series Continuity Error: In this episode, Thomas said that he wants to go as fast as Gordon, although in "Thomas and Gordon", he did go as fast as him, but found out it wasn't a pleasant experience.
- Stealth Hi/Bye:Thomas: Hi Gordon, bye Gordon!
- Too Fast to Stop: Thomas thanks to the jet engine.