Literature / Operation Firebrand
Trilogy of novels by Jefferson Scott
about a team of Christians who perform SpecOps-style missions of mercy to foreign countries using only nonlethal weapons.
These books provides examples of:
- Five-Man Band:
- The Hero: Jason Kromer, former Navy SEAL who left the Teams after he became a Christian and became uncomfortable with killing people. Team leader.
- The Lancer: Chris Page, former Marine Force Recon. Bird lover and point man.
- The Smart Guy: Lewis Griswold, electronics expert. Nineteen years old; starts out as the weakest member of the team but quickly matures.
- The Big Guy: Garth Fisher, former Green Beret. Explosives expert, hugely bald, speaks fluent Strine.
- The Chick: Trieu Nguyen, former biathlete and Olympic sharpshooter. Team sniper and medic.
- Action Girl: Rachel Levy, former agent for Israeli special forces. Team linguist. Distracted by the Sexy, weapons-grade.
- Mission Control: Doug "Chimp" Bigelow, former Navy SEAL. Paraplegic.
- Author Catchphrase: "That was when the ______ exploded." Used in all three novels, and also in Jefferson Scott's sci-fi book "Fatal Defect".
- Deus ex Machina: The Firebrand Team does everything humanly possible within the framework of their capabilities. When that's not enough, sometimes God takes up the slack.
- He Who Fights Monsters: Jason worries about his motivations after beating the living crap out of a slaver.