Funny: Oryx and Crake
- The Crakers, due to their basic innocence, provide a lot of these when faced with the surviving "regular" humans. As just one example, because they are used to the vocative when addressing others ("Oh Snowman"), they think that a hallucinating Jimmy's cries of "Oh fuck" are invocations of a godlike creature called, you guessed it, Fuck. Toby's attempts to handle this challenge cause some serious corpsing on the part of Zeb.
- Made even funnier as Toby tries to explain the Craker's questions about Zeb as he's cracking up and trying to hide it by coughing.
- Snowman's attempt at figuring how the three react at the end of Oryx and Crake is laugh out loud material.
- Despite, you know, the fact that everyone on earth is dead, Atwood has written a book that is at times truly hilarious.
- "Adam named the living animals, Maddaddam names the dead ones"
- Toby's labeling of when the Crakers got too excited about Ren and Amanda "a cultural misunderstanding".