Amy is a 1998 Australian film, starring Rachel Griffiths. The story concerns a young girl who is traumatized when she sees her rock star father killed on stage by electrocution. The experience leaves her deaf and unable to speak, though there is nothing outwardly wrong with her, so her mother Thania (Griffiths) moves her to Melbourne to find answers to her daughter's malady. Not to be confused with the video game of the same name.
- Character Title
- Cover Version: Amy's version of "Ain't No Sunshine".
- Dumb Struck: Amy, after her father is killed.
- Family-Unfriendly Death: Amy's father is killed onstage, and she witnesses the entire incident.
- The Speechless: Amy that is, until she recovers through song.
- Talking with Signs: Amy and her Magna Doodle