Fan Fic / Twilight's Dollhouse
is a Dark Fic
based on My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
, written by Kaidan
and available here
The newly coronated Princess Twilight suffers an abrupt tragedy. Having lost two loved ones, she begins to question her own mortality, and that of her friends: AJ, Dash, Rarity, Pinkie, Fluttershy. And they are just the beginning. Twilight will live for thousands of years, so every pony she cares about, every pony she will ever
care about, will die. She can barely handle the pain of one funeral, let alone the thought of hundreds of them. Twilight finds a clever way to ensure all of her friends never die. They can’t all be ageless alicorns, but they can all move into Twilight’s Dollhouse
. Then they can be best friends forever.
The sequel, Twilight's Dollhouse II
has recently begun, and Kaidan says that he has plans for further sequels.z
- Adult Fear: What's worse? Being melted to death on a hot plate or that plus seeing your daughter get killed in front of you?
- Body Horror: Ponies find themselves trapped in various types of dolls.
- Charm Person
- Dark Fic: All the way through. Seriously, this is essentially the My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic equivalent of "The Geezenstacks".
- Darker and Edgier
- Distant Finale: 1000 years later, Twilight is Shrouded in Myth, many of her captives were never recovered, and only Celestia remembers her name.
- Et Tu, Brute?: When Princess Celestia discovers what Twilight has been up to.
- Fallen Hero: Twilight. Big time.
- Fate Worse Than Death: The dolls are trapped in the dollhouse against their will and forced to live forever to keep Twilight company.
- And I Must Scream: Anytime Twilight leaves the dolls inanimate for long periods of time. Also, when Silver Spoon freezes Lyra in a glass of water.
- Not to mention Filthy being placed on the hot plate.
- The Crusaders certainly try. Too bad Silver Spoon ignored them.
- Gilded Cage: Twilight painstakingly recreates the entire town, and traps the dolls in it.
- Jerkass: A lot of the dolls, Bon Bon especially - victims of kidnapping though they may be, their efforts to resist her only thwart Lyra's efforts to help Twilight work through her depression and result in Twilight crossing the Moral Event Horizon in retaliation.
- Knight Templar: Twilight believes that she is doing the other ponies a favor by immortalizing them as dolls.
- Living Doll Collector
- Literally Shattered Lives: Diamond Tiara.
- I'm Melting: Let's see... Filthy Rich turned into a porcelain doll... gets placed on a hot plate... porcelain melts... ...yeah, this trope is in effect.
- Painful Transformation
- Perfect Poison: Twilight's poisons only get more effective over the course of the story.
- Sanity Slippage: Twilight, after Princess Cadence and Shining Armor die.
- Stockholm Syndrome: Some of the dolls come to sympathize with their captor. Lyra being the most prominent.
- Villain Protagonist: Twilight.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Twilight, at first.
- Wham Line: A minor example in Chapter 4. All the narrative stated before this was that Twilight grabbed an appliance, not what appliance.
After plugging in the appliance, she set down Lyra, Filthy, and Diamond. She then collected the scattered ponies. Twilight levitated the dolls, and set them in a circle around the hot plate
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: Twilight becomes an alicorn and has to face her immortality and its many downsides.
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: Twilight.
- Would Hurt a Child: Twilight smashing Diamond Tiara (turned into a porcelain doll).