Fan Fic / Blessing In Disguise
A fanfiction exploring the "What if..." or the For Want of a Nail
category with just how much one thing that no one ever notices in the first run of Spider-Man. So the question is:What if the spider that bit Peter was female?
This fanfic explores just how much of a change that one little detail could make in the world of Spider-Man. Found here 
This show provides examples of:
- Applied Phlebotinum: The spider itself is the cause behind the whole change.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: Peter admits this when he takes a good look at himself in the mirror, only wishing the person in it wasn't him.
- Deconstruction Fic: Of the Gender Bender idea as Peter has to deal with identity issues and having to come to terms with killing his old self.
- Deep Sleep: Peter's coma lasted five days.
- Definitely Just a Cold: Peter insisting that his migraines and blurry vision are nothing and that he's not sick, only thinking something is very off when he goes through the day feeling progressively worse.
- Freak Out: Peter upon finding out he's been changed into a girl.
- Gender Bender: The point of the fanfic is to explore Peter's transition into a girl.
- Like Brother and Sister: Peter states he loves Gwen like a sister early on and the eventual pairing kills any chance of romance between them.
- Reality Is Unrealistic: Though Peter plays it realistically by being uncomfortable with the whole gender change and the repercussions, the fact is, he was still able to change into a girl in the first place.
- Tempting Fate: When Peter questions the odds of one of the altered spider of escaping and biting someone, only for Harry to nervously retort that he'd jinx it by saying that. Cue a few seconds later...
- That Man Is Dead: In a spiritual but no less painful sense as Peter tells his uncle to call his friends and explain that he is dead.