- Page: 1
Preparation: Rules and Request
- Pseudo legendaries are allowed. HOWEVER they must be easily obtainable and you have to tell me when in game to pick them up.
- Legendaries however are offlimit until after at least the 6th Gym. You can recommend them but know now that I won't use them ingame until after then. I might even put off catching them until then.
- No recommending anything I have to trade for whether it be to evolve it or otherwise as I do not have access to anyone to trade with and th edorm's Wi-Fi does not work.
- Furthermore no recommending Pokemon that belong to N. I have not memory linked with my copy of Black.
- The team must be coherent. They should fit well together both in terms of look and battle ability. Getting stuck because they don't cover weaknesses well is not fun.
- If you recommend a rare pokemon/your team idea consist of a rare pokemon please be sure to provided alternatives. The same applies for late game pokemon. I would like to be able to actually build a team.
- Don't forget to suggest moves as well. Genders too if you think a certain gender would fit the pokemon!
- Be sure to recommend nicknames as well. None will go unnamed and if left up to me they will all have really bad names. Try to stick to a theme for the names as well such as food, elements or planets.
- I must box my starter once I acquire all the pokemon you recommend.
- I can only play with the team you chose for the main game. Once we hit postgame all bets are off. The only exception are if I catch a pokemon to use HMs. They can be on the team but are not allowed to battle unless absolutely necessary.
- A total team knockout after the first three gyms means I box all but the strongest and then I switch over to a substitute team as recommended by you and we switch to a new theme. If I get a total team knockout once I reach the Elite Four I get to pick my own team regardless of whether it matches the theme or not.
- Breeding for a pokemon you recommended is allowed. However the pokemon I breed must replace its parents no matter what.
- Egg moves and TMs are allowed.
You should do a team of Mathematicians and Physicists!
- Gauss (Magnetic Scale): Magnezone, Female (You can catch one in Virbank City)
- Moves: Magnet Rise, Thunder Wave, Lock On, Zap Cannon (Can be swapped out for Discharge if having to use Lock On before it every turn annoys you)
- Aristotle (He liked Zooology, I guess? I dont know, Arostotle just works for a Grumpig): Grumpig, Male (You can get one in reversal mountain)
- Moves: Confuse Ray, Rest, Snore, Psychic
- Newton (Unit of Force): Scrafty, Male (On route 4)
- Moves: High Jump Kick, Swagger, Brick Break, Focus Punch
- Asimov (Not technically a Physicist, true, but kind of sorta physics related): Klinklang (Charge Stone Cave)
- Moves: Gear Grind, Bind, Autotomise, Discharge
- Curie (Phsycist): Gothitelle, Female (The route straight after Nimbassa City)
- Moves: Future Sight, Psychic, Faint Attack, Psyshock
- Kelvin (Phsycist, Heat): Arcanine, Male (This ones in Virbank City as well)
- Moves: Flare Blitz, Extreme Speed, Outrage, Overheat
Is this based off a particular NPC or trainer class? If not I'm afraid it does not qualify for the type of run I am doing.
You weren't very specific about that. :/ I say go for a Grunt run. Rattata, Patrat, Zubat, etc. Just the stuff Team _____ Grunts would use.
Yes I was? It's like the 4th sentence in the first paragraph. Or did you just not read that part?
Ack. Missed that. Also: Fifth sentence.
Miscounted. So a Grunt run eh. Any pokemon in particular you would recommend? I might expand it into a Team run instead and focus on a specific Team if we don't get any ideas/you don't tell me which ones to use.
I'm not sure which Pokemon can be found in Black 2, and to check would invalidate the "blind" part of my own liveblog.
- Page: 1