Too Cool To Kill: The life and times of Nikolai Dante.
episode 0: Introductions
Привет и добро пожаловать Слишком прохладный, чтобы убить. Празднование и взгляд назад в пятнадцать лет российского Жулика!
Err sorry I meant to say Greetings and welcome to too cool to kill. A celebration and look back on fifteen years of the Russian Rogue!
I am David page keeper of the prog slog and I am going to take you through the highs and lows of the Russian rogues 15 years of thrills, spills and well other things ending in ill!
With the saga ending in a few weeks time I figured it would be time to post my thoughts on the series chapter by chapter I will also be adding facts, figures and other fun stuff.
So here is how things will pan out.
Each feature length story will of course be done in one. One offs or smaller stories will be bundled together dependant on how short they are. For example here is how the first four parts of this look back will pan out.
1: The Adventures of Nikolai Dante (Not the stories actual name but as a tip of the hat to the series original name thatís what I am referring to it as)
2: The Romanov dynasty
3: Russiaís greatest love machine
4: The gentleman thief/The Full Dante
The format of the series will be thus
- Story synopsis: Pretty self explanatory
- First appearances. Places, people and tech itís all here!
- Last appearance: If a character is killed off it will be mentioned here
- Missing presumed? If a character appears to die yet returns later it is mentioned here
- Shout out: There are a lot of references to other works of fiction and real life as inspiration to characters. Itís all here!
- Running gags: The series is chock full of them.
- Foreshadowing: The series is full of these too
There will be short term stuff as well such as a special kill count for a certain family and stuff counting how many people Dante himself has killed and how many he has slept with. I hope this series will be as fun for you reading as it has for me writing!
See you soonish with Dantes Debut!
Note: This series I am doing originally appeared on The everything comes back to 2000ad blog.
I just thought I would include it here as well for those who have never read it there to read it here.
Have read some of this.
13th May 12
13th May 12