- The last strip came out August 4th.
- This strip came out August 6th.
- The next strip came out August 9th.
- This drivel is the type of thing you put up as a freebie strip, not as something that saps 4 days of update time.
- In the five or so strips since the last text overload, I know I certainly missed all text with crammed in character interactions.
- Good to know most species have only two genders, exactly like ours.
- And all of this is just incredibly and boringly convenient. It's something that deserves to be in an extras, or BEFORE you've given consent to be transformed into another gender.
- So, let me get this straight. The gun CAME like that, yet you still had to build it and fix it for Will and Gill?
- Also, wasn't this whole thing against their religion? Seems a bit odd it would be so well developed if people were constantly arguing for its banning.
- And why would attraction be necessary? Didn't you say the uryuoms are all not-big-on-sex in their home planet? Why would they bother adding hormones when its something they probably can't even conceive of?
- Wouldn't they more likely just make base human forms so the parts fit, not so you go MUST FUCK NOW.
- I mean, if history has taught us anything, attraction is not required to form kids, and if your race is that desperate, I highly doubt they are going to need hormones to do it.
- Now, on a lighter note, the punchline is not that bad. No panel explaining it, no follow up, quick, to the point, natural, and the strip was not wasted on it.
- If only the rest of the strip was actually worth not being wasted.
- Ewgh. Shive still seems to suck at drawing small people, although he's improved a tad since Ellen's dream sequence.
- Here we see good intentions, but bad history. Justin silently showing his desires and reasons? Good. Those reasons being because, shocker shocker, HE HAS THE GAY? Bad.
- I swear, sometimes all the suckiness comes from one giant grandfather clause.
- It makes me almost wish Shive would dump this story, and go write a new one from scratch.
- At the very least, the art would be more tolerable from the start.
- But hey, at least we'll get to see all the guys transform into hot bodied fappable females first, right?
- Wheeh retcons!.
- Also, I have no idea how Nanase reached that conclusion so quickly, but hey, more power to her.
- I'm sure SHE remembers strips that explained Susan was actually blonde, that people with dyed hair have it go back to normal color when it grows really long and then reshortened, and that v-5 makes the hair grow long enough to have that happened, and that Ellen's beam gives off v-5 beams exactly.
- Also, how she figured all of that out from coming in mid-conversation is even more confusing.
- What is up with those school hallways? No lockers, no doors? Are they that rich that they can just afford huge sprawling hallways with nothing in them?
- Also, good on you Shive. No dialogue. Good on you. All artsy and the like.
- I liked young Elliot's hair style better. Why did it have to go all dark D:
- So, you know, in that panel when Justin is yelling at Melly over there, he kinda looks a bit douchebaggish. I mean, I get being betrayed by these things, but that's just making things worse, dude.
- Now, once again, we get these conflicting things. This is good. But once again, it really only goes over stuff we already know about Justin. There is not much new here. Everything was pretty much alluded to or explained before, except that Mel and Justin were all bffles.
- But what really cheeses me off is once Elliot comes into the picture...it's all about Elliot.
- I mean, ok, you're gay, yes, and your entire angst centerfold is about being gay...but more importantly, about how you want to bone Elliot. Getting beat up? Being betrayed by a bffle? This is all about how he's lusting over a straight guy. This is...not good...with the priorities.
- Don't get me wrong, as far as strips go, this is one of the better ones but...
- It still has that uncomfortable undercurrent, that really makes this whole thing a bit less wholesome.
- I mean, when the plot arc for Camp Gay Kurt, from the tv show Glee, where he tries to date a girl and be a regular "guy" because he thinks that's what his dad wants, is more understandable and less crush-centered, there are problems.
- Hell, at least Glee showed long term negative repercussions to bullying!
- Oh god why am I positively plugging Glee.
- Shive, what are you doing to me. Stop it. Now.
Sketchbook Strip 081705
Hahah. It's funny because Lisa is going to molest Amanda.
Sketchbook Strip 081805
So funny, in fact, that it deserves to be fully colored. Because it's just that funny.
- There is...a background...in that first panel.
- No, seriously, I never noticed it before.
- huh. Who knew?
- Those toes. Those friggin toes. Omigod.
- See, I would grudgingly accept that whole walking weird thing, since no one has ever really experienced sudden magical penis lossage, but...
- OH WAIT
- WE HAVE MOTHERFUCKER!
- WE HAVE!
- SO WHY IS IT ONLY NOW?
- IS ELLIOT'S BODY THAT FRIGGIN GIRLY?
- Also, yes, she has big boobs.
- That is something all men are attracted to.
- Now, this is kinda cute, because Justin is unsure and embarrassed...because he's a girl
- Until you realize he's basically trying to be sexually appearing to a man, who will never be his, and is doing this so he will get some tail. Good morals!
- You know, that skirt is not helping matters. He's going to sit down and flash everybody.
- Or at least he would, if this comic had any consistent logic.
- Mehehehehehhhhh ;_;
- I think this deserves to be contrasted with how everyone else will get shown. Naturally, since Justin is attracted to Elliot, he shall be clumsy female that is caught by super manly Elliot. This will never show up again.
- Also, what do you even MEAN, "the gun compensates for that?"
- As for that contrasting thing, I'll hold it until we actually get to see the other transformations.
Sketchbook Strip 082305
- So many things wrong in such a simple strip. Let me count the ways~
- Justin blushing, something he never did as a male.
- Justin saying eek, something he never did as a male.
- The *flash* instead of actually showing some shading chops.
- The fact that NOBODY else has an opinion of this, and are just silently standing there as drones. Because it's not like say, Nanase would want to go next, or that Susan would want to get her research underway, or Grace wouldn't be super excited to be male for once. Nope. We need to keep the boobs around for as long as heavenly possible.
- And that title. That goddamn title.
- LESBIAN JOKEZ.
Sketchbook Strip 082505
The amount of time put into this is scary, when you think about it.
- ...you know, despite his excitement, Tedd does kinda have a point. A point that was completely ignored for Justin, but hey.
- I mean, bras are a bitch to handle if you get the wrong size.
- Also, why is Tedd excited about this? Ellen is already hanging around. Wouldn't he be more interested in making Elliot look wildly different than the carbon clone in the house?
- And why is Ellen so excited by the lack of transforming? Considering how she wanted this to be a V-5 party. Not to mention she was angsting a few strips ago about her cra-hazy dreamage.
Sketchbook Strip 082705
Who is a straight horny male?
Who refuses to admit it?
- I will admit, the shot of Nanase in the background, still failing with the color, is actually kind of amusing.
- Here is something odd about people. They can hate very easily.
- The fact that Sarah, much like Grace, is just eternally lovable, really jives me.
- I mean, when it's said outright, you know that not only is it present, but it is present intentionally.
- And That's Terrible.
- Not everyone is cut from the same cloth.
- I for example, have the ability to hate people just because they put a tilde at the end of every sentence.
- Others couldn't bring themselves to hate someone who just mugged them.
- Everyone is different, Shive.
- A fact that is oh so clearly lost on you.