Mmmm. Bad EGS strips. They really warm the soul.
- I can't even get mad at this strip. It's too bad to get mad at. I can only laugh at it whilst sobbing quietly to myself.
- First of all, Susan. She is a bitch. Justin made a very good point, she hurt him. But that's funny, especially when the last strip just had a whole h/c scene over violence!
- But lets look at the REALLY hilarious bit. In the time span of six panels, Grace has gone from 'must be alone' to 'ok this is cool'
- In the time span of six panels, Tedd has gone from 'he's a dead man I will not let him hurt you' to 'yeah, yeah you can go'
- I mean, dude
- OK, think of your best friend. Think of your significant other. If you do not have a significant other, think of your other best friend. If you do not have that many friends, then think of your siblings that you don't hate. If you are really that alone in the world, then use your imagination.
- Your best friend has been captured, your SO/other best friend was abused by the same person. You are letting said other best friend slash significant other go BACK to them, with a couple of people. They might not come out alive.
- Deep down though, do you really think you would let them do something so STUPID?
- This isn't character development. This is Shive writing himself into a corner, and letting the plot take priority.
- Why would Tedd feel deep down that Grace needs to waltz off to Mr. Evil Guy with two other teenagers?
- Why not just contact your dad?
- Why not contact the stronger and more competent Greg?
- Cause it's hilarious.
- That's why.
- Yay! Triple camel-toe now!
- And a fuck you to anyone who thinks this can be justified via plot!
- So, wait, arms and leg pieces can be grown...out of what? You'd think it would just stretch the normal clothing, not make a whole new glove...
- Oh exposition. I almost missed your painful insertions.
- Why wouldn't Tedd give this to Grace before with all her clothes related trouble before?
- Oh, right, aspergic-douche-pervert.
- So, why would Uryuoums need clothing if they can just morph? You'd think they would just grow some fur and be done with it.
- Hell, even a shape change would help. For cold places, I believe stubby fat people reign supreme. Hence, Inuits never joining a basketball team.
- Oh Nanase. You. That's right, be embarrassed of your sexuality.
It only makes guys harder. It's funny! CAUSE YOU'RE A LESBIAN!
- Also, just wondering, but would hair imprints be left if you wore these things? Cause if it can imprint your genitals, hair shouldn't be too far off.
- Hell, in general, this should be something pretty embarrassing to wear. Not all of us are super-in-shape. Usually everyone has some bulges of fat somewhere. And now everyone can see them.
- I mean, it's not nudity, but Nanase-the-lesbian should not be the only one freaked out.
Sketchbook Strip 123003
It's ok that he made a masturbation reference guys. He had Susan make a joke about it! That makes everything better!
- Susan. Not annoyed females are wearing the outfit that is almost sensuous. Just annoyed that resident man-meat is not wearing it.
- Hooray for consistent characterization and total non-hypocrisy that she will totally get called out on!
- What's a disturbing image? Mr. Verres in an uryuoum outfit? All righty then. Something tells me that since he got three, he probably wasn't using them for him.
- Actually, wait, this really makes no sense. Why DID he get them?
- No, seriously, why?
- Cellphones. They didn't exist back then!
- You know, whether it's 2004, or 2011, Shive sucks at transition labels...they are always up in the corner and out of the way so you barely notice...
- Hey look. Angst.
- Angst that isn't that badly done.
- Of course, he's not the main character, so we don't have to be subjected to 24/7 wangstage.
- But hey, unlike Gracey-poo, he actually looks like a tragic character. I mean, think about it, Grace can transform whenever she wants without pain, doesn't have a thirst for blood (although that got retconned), and is pretty much perfect in every way.
- Vlad isn't.
- Why can't the story be about these guys?
- I mean, look, he didn't even end it with a punchline.
- Also, there is no FEEL SORRY FOR THE VLAD.
- There is no sympathy. Vlad is being hateful, Hedge did nothing wrong, but you can still see where Vlad is coming from.
- It's not excellent angst, but it's still shit-loads better than the puke-worthy garbage of gayngst and whatever the fuck else our characters seem to have issues with.
- Why the hell would I give you food? You realize we're planning on starving you right?
- Ah, there we go.
- He wants to rape Grace.
- Finally, he's actually doing something scary.
- If only it wasn't so very clichéd.
- After all, they're results of SCIENCE! You don't need a breeder, you need some victims and some scientists.
- If you can't find a girl, make your own, dammit.
- ...technically speaking, you don't even need a girl. Just an incubation machine. Steal some ovaries and your good.
- Or, if Hedge actually observed Tedd at all, he could have stolen the gender ray thing.
- Admit it, that would have been a way more awesome plot.
- Plus, WAY more twisted. I mean, first we see someone as male, they're being turned female against their will...
- OK, that might be a bit TOO dark for EGS, but face it, it would have been way more farking awesome.
- Shive REALLY loves that circle background, doesn't he?
- Elliot and Hedge. Here to tell us Damien is sick, just in case we haven't figured it out.
- You can make him glow, but he's still gloriously generic in his goals, Shivey-poo.
- Hedge just looks weird with those glasses off.
- Geez, even the doorway has the circle background on it...
- Thank you Elliot, for telling us what to hear, and telling us to be surprised by there being another prisoner. Thank you. Where would we be without you?
- Why don't you rough up Elliot, Damien? Wouldn't that make more sense? Sure, abusing Hedge might make sense too, but hurt Elliot too dammit. So as to make sure Elliot won't tell said 'lies' in the first place!
- Hell, it might even make me feel SORRY for Elliot, the douchebag that he is.
- But no, we can't harm Elliot. Oh no! That would just be cruel!
- IT'S ALL THE SAME BACKGROUND GAH
- Hugging people. You're not allowed to do it unless you know them very well.
- They're gonna die, but that's OK! They gotsted the hugs!
- And just ONCE could you not have an end to a part be comedic?
- Just once?
- Pretty please?
Sketchbook Strip 011304
I am continually doubting these character's individualities more and more everyday.
- You know what I just realized? Wouldn't it have been better if Nanase found it hard to work with Ellen due to what she perceived to be pheremones, and asked Tedd about it during this arc?
- It could just be a background event, nothing huge, but it would even cause an interesting dynamic when the rescue times happen.
- And it would still be relevent because Nanase obviously doesn't want to do something stupid while she's in the middle of possibly dying.
- JUST CALL THE GOV'T DAMMIT.
- CALL THEM.
- That skull is still not scary.
- Grace's reaction is a bit better drawn though.
- That's right, ask her about Damien NOW, not when your with Tedd and his abundance of inventions! That would just be silly!
- Or hell, maybe even breaking into a few stores and taking protective measures? Like, what if Damien had a legion of guns at his disposal? The possibilities are endless! You shouldn't be half-way there when you ask!
- And really, how late is it? Nanase's mom is fine with this? Ellen's parents are fine with this?
- OK, don't answer that last one, let me rephrase. Ellen's parents are completely fine with not knowing where there kids are?
- Speaking of which, why wouldn't Mr. Verres leave someone to watch over Tedd so he didn't, I dunno, have a giant orgy party thing?
- Why does nothing make sense anymore? WHY?
Tune in next time, where stuff actually happens